this pissed me off

Well, I just installed the keyboard and the speakers. I love this keyboard. Although it may not have many media keys it has the ones I need: Media player, play/pause, mute, sound controls, favorites (really useless, I might change the path to something else), email, and intenet browser. I have to say one of the cons is the tiny lettering and it doesn't show whether caps lock is on or off. I don't have a problem with lettering as I have the keys all memorized. They keyboard is also very quiet. Lastly, the spacing, I'm not used to it but I think I can adapt.

Here's what I'm thinking though. My I/O Panel has a black thing. Maybe there's a PS2 underneath that they're hiding?

It's a Dell E310

I had a E510 and it didn't have PS/2 ports either which I didn't discover until it was shipped to me. The computer was a pain at first but after upgrading some parts it turned out to be one of the best machines I've ever owned. Still I'd never buy another dell because the support is terrible.

I was trying to get my hopes up. I found a good use for my Favorites button. It now launches Pidgin from my flash drive.

But yeah! I love this keyboard. Hopefully it will last. I recommend it. Not sure about the mouse though, I haven't used it yet. Let's also see the battery life. It shouldn't really be a problem, I use rechargeable. I can just recharge them every week at night if the keyboard is an energy hog.

edit: I'll be building a rig at the end of the year, so I'm not going to go through the trouble of returning and ordering another set.

Well that will learn ya to not double check the available connections on the back of the computer before buying new peripherals.

Wait a second. . .
You bought a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard combo and it uses a PS/2 connection? WTH were they thinking when they came up with that? I've never seen a wireless setup that uses a PS/2 connection. That's odd.

Definitely! I was so sure it had PS2. Maybe I got confused with the older dell I had. Oh well. It's not too much of a hassle, Dell just needs to think about their customers a little more. Just because they send you USB keyboard and mouse doesn't mean you're not going to use a PS2 =]

The range on this thing is amazing. I was at my living room...the signal had to go through 2 walls....about...eh...10FT I wanna say...and it worked!

This will make a great keyboard for a media computer some day =p

It was very cheap too. $40 for a mouse, keyboard, and 2 speakers. Logitech has yet to disappoint me.

Wait a second. . .
You bought a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard combo and it uses a PS/2 connection? WTH were they thinking when they came up with that? I've never seen a wireless setup that uses a PS/2 connection. That's odd.
Most Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combinations use PS/2 connections. I know mine did.

Back
Top Bottom