Photograph Of The Day

@foothead...ya know it's funny, I've seen so many old deteriorated houses like this, and they always look sooooo ugly. Yet, in a B&W photo it's kinda cool.

You guys tell me what you think of this shot. It was taken about 2 years ago in a swampy area, not too far from where I live.

I probably got too close to this gator but I really wanted the shot. I was about 40' away.

Attachments

• Alligator 3-18-10.jpg
    Alligator 3-18-10.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 4
100 points for anyone who can guess where this was taken

Edit - Sorry for it being sideways :(

Attachments

• image-216139278.jpg
    image-216139278.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 9
@foothead...ya know it's funny, I've seen so many old deteriorated houses like this, and they always look sooooo ugly. Yet, in a B&W photo it's kinda cool.

I suppose you could look at it that way. Personally, I find them far more interesting than well-maintained houses.

Here's what the inside of it looked like. This was just a quick polaroid snap I stook, hence the crappiness of it. I took the same photo with the 4x5 camera, but it's color film which i only process maybe once every six months.

EPSON006-1.jpg

Last edited:
Road train truck Northen Australia 53 meters in length.....very common and you must be vary careful on overtaking, It is to be done on single lane highways...
I was usually sitting on about 130 to 140 km's per hour when doing so.

Another two photos in Western Australia near Kalgoorlie of two trucks interlocked together hauling this load, these are frequent sightings you can come across with little prior warnings.
With the western Australia photos you cannot overtake until they let you by taking the trucks off the road.

Attachments

• 100_0596.jpg
    100_0596.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 100_0379.jpg
    100_0379.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_0381.jpg
    100_0381.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
In the USA, I've never seen more than 2 box trailers attached to a tractor, so I guess that's the legal limit.

Here's a snap I took of an African Crowned Crane. I used about 400mm to get in really tight, as I was standing about 35' away from it.

Attachments

• African Crowned Crane downsized.jpg
    African Crowned Crane downsized.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 2
Took a weekend trip to nature reserve. These are unedited and straight from the camera.

IMG_3678_zpsb650c8d5.jpg

IMG_3639_zpsff18edec.jpg

Back
Top Bottom