Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default Photograph Of The Day

This is a thread that has been very popular on other forums.

The rules for this thread are simple.

Post a new photo every day. Post only photos you have taken.

Give use a brief explanation of the snap, so we know what we're looking at.

All photos are welcomed, it doesn't matter if you have a $59.00 Wal-Mart point n' shoot, or a $2,000 DSLR. This thread is not judgmental.

Help, or advice can certainly be given if asked for, but no one should be criticizing another persons photo. I've seen many photos that were out of focus, but still had incredible subject matter.

Any photo, taken anywhere is accepted, as long as it is in good taste, and falls within the sites rules.

I'll start things off with this photo I took about a year ago, in a wilderness area of Palm Beach County, Florida.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dsc08921.jpg (81.9 KB, 7 views)

Old 09-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Omnicide now.

Default Re: Photograph Of The Day

Hrm, I think I'll try this. It'd give me some motivation to go take more photos, which I've been meaning to do now that it's finally starting to cool off some. I'm not sure if I can do every single day since I shoot film and tend to save it to process in larger batches.

Here's an old one I pulled off my flickr. I won't be able to get anything new for probably a week or so, so I'll just do that for now.

Clark_Creek_3 by Jenn Daigneault, on Flickr

Click on the photo and it'll take you to flickr, then click again and it'll give you the option to view a bigger size. Monitors don't really do justice to this one imo, it definitely looks better on an 11x14.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Nice snap Foothead...I must say, I didn't think there was anyone left using film anymore. That's great. Makes for more diversity here.

As much as I enjoyed film, I am really crazy about digital imaging. Instant gratification, or delete, and shoot it over.

The only thing I've not been able to work around is the compression that seems to take place when ever I post a photo on a forum site. There is always a slight reduction in resolution, (perhaps 5%, to 10%), that always makes the photo look ever so slightly out of focus. I know it's not my pics, because they are razor sharp when viewed directly on my monitor.

I hope that many others will post their snaps here. I always enjoy other peoples photos.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
Omnicide now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
Nice snap Foothead...I must say, I didn't think there was anyone left using film anymore. That's great. Makes for more diversity here.

As much as I enjoyed film, I am really crazy about digital imaging. Instant gratification, or delete, and shoot it over.
Yeah, film users are still around. Actually almost every photographer I know has switched back to film recently. I used to do a lot of 645 and occasionally 35mm, but all my more recent photos are taken with a 4x5 inch view camera. The movements make it so nice to work with, and the level of detail is crazy. Here's what my camera looks like (or how it used to look, i've made a lot of modifications since then)

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1333483819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
The only thing I've not been able to work around is the compression that seems to take place when ever I post a photo on a forum site. There is always a slight reduction in resolution, (perhaps 5%, to 10%), that always makes the photo look ever so slightly out of focus. I know it's not my pics, because they are razor sharp when viewed directly on my monitor.

I hope that many others will post their snaps here. I always enjoy other peoples photos.

Upload your photos to flickr or some other hosting website. You can embed them with [img]image-url[/img] Honestly, i don't really care that much if i lose a little sharpness when posting on the web, since it's the prints that matter. I guess if you're doing web only, it'd be a bigger deal though.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
In Runtime

this was one
Exhorted bee so we gave it some sugar water on a plate and took a photo of it probably best photo I have ever taken well at least my little sister took it but wanted to share it I did not have the nerve to get as close to it as she did and the bee flew off after its refreshing sugar rush
please comment all feedback will be passed on to my younger sister
Fujitsu_Technician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

Nice photo Fuji!!! I enjoy looking at real tight shots of insects.

Photos of people posing for pictures holds no interest for me. My favorite, is wildlife photography. I guess I'm a frustrated National Geographic wannabe, ha!

I spend a lot of time in wildlife preserves photographing birds, animals, and insects.

Here's another of my shots. This is an Eastern Lubber Nymph grasshopper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grass Hopper Eastern Lubber Nymph.jpg (66.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
In Runtime

i love that picture of the owl
1337G33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister
Nice photo Fuji!!! I enjoy looking at real tight shots of insects.

Photos of people posing for pictures holds no interest for me. My favorite, is wildlife photography. I guess I'm a frustrated National Geographic wannabe, ha!

I spend a lot of time in wildlife preserves photographing birds, animals, and insects.

Here's another of my shots. This is an Eastern Lubber Nymph grasshopper.
Wildlife photography you say... :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1289058199.jpg (84.0 KB, 3 views)
Edsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsterr View Post
Wildlife photography you say... :P
Hey, now that's an interesting shot. Looks like you stopped off at the side of the road for that photo, and a storm was brewing.

I caught a shot of this young Cardinal in the woods one day.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 2cool3.gif (958 Bytes, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Young Cardinal downsized.jpg (110.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
Omnicide now.

Siegen_Ln_House_2 by Jenn Daigneault, on Flickr

Ruined the DOF on this one. It's a shame, I like how it came out otherwise.