Photo competition - Closeups

Status
Not open for further replies.

berry120

Fully Optimized
So BikerEcho won the last competition, and has decided on the new theme - Closeups! Post entries below, I'll assume usual rules apply (unless Biker disagrees) - so open for two weeks (until 25th June) and you can post multiple images, but only the last one you post will be taken forward for voting.

Fire away!

Assuming anything that is close up goes, I think i'll take this one :D

1p88as.jpg

Assuming anything that is close up goes, I think i'll take this one :D

1p88as.jpg

Nice! I'm going to struggle with this as I only have a kit lens that isn't really great for closeups, but will try to give it a shot if I get time.

Nice! I'm going to struggle with this as I only have a kit lens that isn't really great for closeups, but will try to give it a shot if I get time.
Actually, I found that using the 18-55mm Dx kit lens for my new Nikon D3100 is better for close ups then any zoom lens. Thus saying I actually took this with my kit lens. I think you could get one too. To do something like this, in this lighting, have 100-200ISO, 2600 shutter speed, and zoom to the max (55mm) and set focus at ma. then find the correct focus point, and there you go.
that's a very nice photo Life.
you took that yourself?

Thank you very much guys, yes I took that myself. Being able to take that photo was actually thanks to foothead. She helped out a lot in the area of focus.

Actually, I found that using the 18-55mm Dx kit lens for my new Nikon D3100 is better for close ups then any zoom lens.

Ah, nice - I actually have the D3200 with kit lens, so hopefully will have a chance to give this a go at some point soon!

Ah, nice - I actually have the D3200 with kit lens, so hopefully will have a chance to give this a go at some point soon!

yeah, I almost went with the D3200, but at the time was $200 more and wasn't worth the tiny bit of extra ISO and what not.

yeah, I almost went with the D3200, but at the time was $200 more and wasn't worth the tiny bit of extra ISO and what not.

Yeah when I got mine a few months ago, it was £50 difference for a lot of things that were a "bit" better (ISO, video, external mic) and 10 more megapixels so decided it was worth the difference. If it was 200 I probably would have gone with the 3100 and grabbed an extra lens instead.

the only picture i currently have that fits the category "CloseUps" would be the following:
i might post a better one later if i get a change to take a good close up picture.

It's a hedgehog i found when i was wandering around drunk with a friend some night 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Yeah when I got mine a few months ago, it was £50 difference for a lot of things that were a "bit" better (ISO, video, external mic) and 10 more megapixels so decided it was worth the difference. If it was 200 I probably would have gone with the 3100 and grabbed an extra lens instead.
I think video is not better. The mic maybe a little. ISO is only a bit better, not that much tho, and 10 more pixels is very nice to have, but I rather went ahead, and took the $200 difference to buy my zoom lens :D
the only picture i currently have that fits the category "CloseUps" would be the following:
i might post a better one later if i get a change to take a good close up picture.

It's a hedgehog i found when i was wandering around drunk with a friend some night 2 years ago.

I guess the only reason u got so close was because you were drunk? Cool pic btw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom