phenom or x2

slayer6466

Baseband Member
i have trouble deciding on getting a 6000+ x2 or a phenom(x3 or x4).the rigs mostly for gaming and i heard that most games don't even utilize the 2 other cores on the phenom.if that's the case is it better getting the x2 and upgrading along the road.thanks
*****Edit*****
Sorry posted in wrong thread:eek:

get an phenom. Games are starting to use quads.
the 6000+ is good for gaming, but not great for the most recent games.

Its all around you. Crysis is prefered to use quads. But, I think their popularity life span will be short just bc Intel released thier 8-core processors

Then theres GTA IV, it doesnt benefit much, but it helps compared to an non quad, probably a few frames.

I would get an X4, an X3 is a waste of money IMO.

its good to go with an X2, but if you are going for extreme/hardcore gaming, then its best to get the 6000+. But its better to get a Quad now to future proof your rig. The Phenom performs better than the X2 from what i have seen
So if you want a good CPU for a long run, then get a Quad, if you dont mind switching maybe in a few months, then get an Dual.

Look at this
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...U_benchmark_review_with_13_processors/?page=2
Even though the quads clock is lower than the dual, it still performs better. Not by much, but in a few months, then the difference will expand. But it seems that the Phenom is doing good compared to the dual core 6400+.

But a CPU will only be good for gaming if you also have a good enough graphics card.

is this one any good----AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz 4 x 512KB my parents only gave me 120 for my pc build and some money for other stuff this christmas .is this decent one or????:)

Back
Top Bottom