Pet Mouse.

Put newspaper on the bottom of the cage, with cedar wood chippings on top. That's what I did with my Guinea Pigs.

If there is a single mouse in a house I can smell it straight away it's hard to describe, it's like musty, when I went to visit my gran, as a boy, she had mice, sometimes she'd suddenly say shush, keep still, & a mouse would be right there in the hearth three feet away from where we were sitting, it'd stop, sit up & clean it's whiskers then scurry off, it was a very old cottage, there was no electricity only a big oil lamp on the table, she lived on her own & said they were company for her.

Put newspaper on the bottom of the cage, with cedar wood chippings on top. That's what I did with my Guinea Pigs.
If I were you, I would get a rat instead of a mouse. Much more friendly, I've had rats for 5 years, and have never been bitten, after a couple months, they begin to become comfortable, and will come out, they have even gotten out quite a lot, and I always find them still in my room. They are a lot of fun, but dont get CEDAR shavings!! They are bad for rats, make sure you get either the recycled paper shavings, or aspen. It's a little more expensive, but very important to their resporator system.

BTW, making a homemade cage is the way to go!! Mine looks better then store bought cages, and is cheaper, and a LOT bigger. $40 or so in material, the bottom is a wrapping paper box, and its about 4' tall.

I Dunno know,A Mouse or a rat :p .I Bought a cage to be my travel cage,you see on go away quite often.Ill use that travel cage as it's primary cage until i get (or make) A bigger one.I Guess when i go to the pet shop,ill decide between a mouse or a rat.

A mouse/mice, you'd probably wanna buy 2-3 cause they're small where as a rat you'd probably just want the 1.

I would buy 2 either way. They need company too. I bought just one, then decided, it was too lonely when I wasnt keeping it company, so I went out and bought the sister. I would buy 2+ of whatever it is, they will be a LOT happier.

There are tons of informational sites out there with a community that could assist you. Read their FAQ first, then start asking questions. They're usually hundreds of rat or mouse enthusiasts that could answer any questions you may have about your pet.

Back
Top Bottom