Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-31-2009, 12:32 AM   #31
Daemon Poster

Default Re: performance chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyfly?? View Post
I can actually believe you pull that speed.
It is usually empty on the highways with the occasional car, and never see cops, it's just farmland.
I think you can pull that speed off.
If you have made that drive before you know what i am talking about, it is flat and has very long straight parts in it. With the low farmland during harvest you can if cops are out or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
I believe he may have done it once or twice, but only for a few seconds.
Stupid IMO...
When your trying to get to Chicago to go visit family and see people, and you go 150 and hold it for 5mins or so, you knock off some good time there.

People need money, my gf dad only collects and sells cars. He hasn't sold a car in a few months and they are broke now. When people like him need money he is willing to sell for that cheap.

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:34 AM   #32
Omnicide now.

What happens if you get caught oing that fast.
80 over the speed limit. Pretty bad.

foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:37 AM   #33
Daemon Poster

This has happened to people i know. Depending on the cop they will take way your license right there for reckless driving etc, and take you to that county's jail. Some will give you some hefty tickets and follow you for most of your trip there.

I have heard from people that you can BS your way out of tickets there but i stay vigilant and watch the scanner and haven't come close to being busted yet.

Like i said its only for about 5 mins going like that. But when you get 10-15 people for a car show to go with you and your all going 120 or so and you pass a cop normally we split on different exits and who ever decides to stay on gets the ticket. It rarely happens though.

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 07-31-2009, 12:43 AM   #34
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Sinonymous

Kipkay did a video on mpgs. He claims acetone can add 10 mpgs.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:48 AM   #35
Daemon Poster

^ interesting, i have seen stuff like this in the past but i haven't been trusting of it.

If it works that would be amazing but im afraid to try and mess up my engine and be out a whole car for something like that.

I guess if there are good reports of it, then it would be worth trying.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:50 AM   #36
Omnicide now.

And this is how you know it's BS.
Quote:
I'll show you the secret gas companies and car manufacturers don't want you to know! Save $$$ now
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:53 AM   #37
Daemon Poster

^ true, That guy also never showed the milage meter later on after he started to change his car.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:00 AM   #38
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Sinonymous

I know of people who have tried it and it worked. But.... you have a possibilty of killing your engine if you use a ton of it. Thats why you have to use tiny amounts of it. But kipkay is usually a helpful source.

Edit: I watched the vid again I thought he pulled up 34mpg of the monitor chip.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:02 AM   #39
Daemon Poster

I have never heard of him, but if it does work like he says thats great. That will save some people hard earned cash.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:40 AM   #40
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
Typically, the Aftermarket Chips available for Fords are designed to increase actual performance, not fuel economy. It also voids your warranty.

i gotta chip in my V6 Mustang and i get about 25mpg in town and 33ish interstate at about 75Mph