Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-17-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to RewtGuy
Default Re: PC World vs. PC Mag

i don't have any current subscriptions to any magazine. I have quite a few though. A few years worth of PC World, CPU computer power user, Sys Admin (journal for *nix), C/C++ User's Journal, Wired, PCE pc enthusiasts. I quit buying them cause I figured I can find all the content archived somewhere online. I guess it keeps you up to date on current stuff but why buy it when you can view it online for free? Why not save that money for the hardware they review in them magazines that has people drooling.

Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.
RewtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:50 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

The magazines are nice to collect, have software, and often more detailed articles.

Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:01 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

personaly I get a lot of info from Pcworld I would go with them
life is a fight, rest is for the dead so fight til you've earned rest: I'm watching you you know who you are
Hackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #14
In Runtime

i love PCPro because, it isnt affraid to tell it exactly how it is, even if it says that their sponser isnt great. its up-to-date affairs .. and they have a specially desinged testing facilty including a special accustics room =o
Zack_Wylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #15
Golden Master
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

I subscribe to both PC Magazine and PC World. Personally I feel they are both great magazines. Although I do like the fact that PC Magazine is bi-weekly. They both have great articles, cover the latest hardware well and have product reviews and all kind of different articles. I couldn't decide which to go with so I got both, they were cheap enough for a subscription...lol
Like in this month's PC Magazine they give plans on how to build a killer game room with a 42" HDTV, xbox 360, Z-5500's, 4 gaming pc's and a LAN scoreboard using 4 17" LCD screens....

When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote