Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-23-2005, 12:41 PM   #31
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: PC or Mac?

When you have multi-cored computers, the processors work together. They aren't just "freelance" and do what you tell them to seperately. They do it together and make it more efficient.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 02:22 PM   #32
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox
oh? care to explain?
Since Apple will be using Intel chips soon, it'll only be a matter of time before Windows shows up on the machines. OSx86 has already been hacked to run on a PC, and it isn't even out yet!

catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 02:45 PM   #33
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to The_Necromancer

It depends on what you do, Artists Use Apples B/c most of the programs and good stuff are designed FOR the Mac, but Windows uses PCs, so as long as Microsoft is still up their then PCs will be @ the top. I have only a few problem with the macs, One is the mouse sucks, Yes it looks cool but it sucks. Also Macs are expensive, they lack upgrade ability and i was raise up on windows and i cant get used to the OX setup but probably could. If macs make good mice, lower the prices, and increase upgradeability and get more aligned with the gaming industry and programming industry as a whole they have a fair chance to compete with Microsoft but no, BNOT in the near future. They will not take over in the near future b/c Microsoft is not going to disappear in the near future.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:02 PM   #34
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Necromancer
It depends on what you do, Artists Use Apples B/c most of the programs and good stuff are designed FOR the Mac, but Windows uses PCs, so as long as Microsoft is still up their then PCs will be @ the top. I have only a few problem with the macs, One is the mouse sucks, Yes it looks cool but it sucks. Also Macs are expensive, they lack upgrade ability and i was raise up on windows and i cant get used to the OX setup but probably could. If macs make good mice, lower the prices, and increase upgradeability and get more aligned with the gaming industry and programming industry as a whole they have a fair chance to compete with Microsoft but no, BNOT in the near future. They will not take over in the near future b/c Microsoft is not going to disappear in the near future.
Disagree, the mice are not crap, theyre the same as a pc, does that mean a pc sucks? no!

They are not expensive if you look into it, they can actually work out cheaper

They do not lack upgrade ability, you can upgrade them as you please

Theyre not designed for gaming!