pc gaming contoller

kostonbleeds

In Runtime
anyone know of a decent gaming controller for the pc? I'm looking for a new one for 20$ or under, anyone use one?

They have a USB hub type thing at Wal-Mart for $10 that lets you plug in Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox controllers all in one unit I believe. Can't remember what it's called though...

They have a USB hub type thing at Wal-Mart for $10 that lets you plug in Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox controllers all in one unit I believe. Can't remember what it's called though...

lol....thats the one i have and it barely works. like you can only strictly run the name brand controllers in it for it to work. the problem is i had it on my old system and it worked then i got my upgrade and when i plug it in it tells me that the hardware cant be installed and that the INF file is invalid. ive been looking all over the net to explain what this means and how to fix it but have come up empty. i was actually going to post something about it in a separate thread.

lol the INF file is the file that tells the program where to install the driver, and how its supposed to function. cant really install without an inf file

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;743462 said:
Just save up another $20 and get a 360 for windows controller. Pretty much any game made now has presets enabled for this controller. You may as well call it the standard controller for the PC.

i was just wondering because a guy at gamestop told me that i could just use any 360 controller, since it is usb, and my comp will just need to install the drivers. is this true?

Yes I just bought a normal 360 controller before they came out with the wireless for windows one's. Do not buy a wireless 360 controller unless its designed for windows or it won't work. It has to be a wired 360 controller if your just using the normal Xbox360 version.

After you plug it in just go to Microsoft update and it will download the drivers from there site.

Its really a great controller with full force feedback support.

Back
Top Bottom