Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaszR View Post
its free.

But i would be careful, don't take their advertising as fool proof. I got scammed 425.00$ but luckly i managed to get it all back thanks to paypal. But it took a very very long time.

My advice to you, if you decide to use paypal (which is a safe way to buy stuff btw), just don't leave your credit cards active on your account or bank accounts. If you need to purchase something, enter your credit card imformation every time, its safer that way, encase you ever do get hacked.

But to answer your question, yes its free completely.
I disagree, I've had my credit card and bank account on file on my Paypal account for a long time. I used to sell on ebay quite a bit and it's an upgraded account, but it's still free too. Paypal sellers account or whatever it is you need to sell on ebay....I can't remember it was so long ago. But anyway, I've never had any mysterious charges on my CC or mysterious withdrawals from my bank account. I feel paypal is the safest way to buy online.

Luke, your situation must have been an exception, I think I remember you posting it on here, wasn't it that you left your account open on a public computer or something? Maybe it was someone else.

Let me just clarify Paypal being free.....It's free for you to send money to other people, but if someone sends you money, Paypal will take a percentage of that. I sent my buddy in Canada $1.00 one time (a bet) and with the exchange rate and Paypal's percentage, he got like 40 cents.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish

From what I've heard, Pay Pal is free. It's pretty safe from what I know...

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

I'm with tommy boy. I've used PayPal for ages so have loads of friends. No problems. The best online payment solution online due to it's wide usage and security. Highly recommended. And x2 to tommy's comments on charges.

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

I will use or take google checkout first, but I use paypal, as well, since most people have that and not google checkout.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to mongoman

ok so i got my info except, when it asks for my card number it wants a 12 digit, and my bank (CIBC) uses 16 not 12. am i mising something here?
Old 03-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #16
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoman View Post
ok so i got my info except, when it asks for my card number it wants a 12 digit, and my bank (CIBC) uses 16 not 12. am i mising something here?
That is pretty weird I thought ALL cards had 16... Are you sure its asking for your card number or your ROUTING number? If its the routing number that is the first set of numbers in the lower left corner of a check. I don't remember what they ask for when setting up an account but Im pretty sure that a routing number is 12 digits so that may be what they are asking for.
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #17
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

FFS. I had my first bad experience with PayPal today. For an annoying reason, eBuyer decided to refund my purchase. PayPal are taking 7-9 days to put the money back into my account, but it takes them about 3 seconds to TAKE it from there? I know it's partly related to my bank, but still it has PISSED me off! Now I have to wait 1week+ untill i can re-order my monitor.
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #18
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I think the only time Paypal charges is when you receive money, like when you sell stuff on ebay. Takes a pretty small percentage of what you receive.
But it kind of depends on what account you have also, if you have basic, then it wouldnt charge you any money. But it can only hold so much, and if you get more than what it can hold, you would have to upgrade (free) before you can receive any money, but after you upgrade, any money you receive will get charged.
Unless they changed their policy.

My parents credit card is in the paypal we use now, we dont sell anything, just buy, and nothing bad happen. It did what its suppose to.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #19
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03 View Post
FFS. I had my first bad experience with PayPal today. For an annoying reason, eBuyer decided to refund my purchase. PayPal are taking 7-9 days to put the money back into my account, but it takes them about 3 seconds to TAKE it from there? I know it's partly related to my bank, but still it has PISSED me off! Now I have to wait 1week+ untill i can re-order my monitor.
It's not immediate withdrawls. With the instant transfers, Paypal gives the money to the seller before they recieve it from the bank.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
That is pretty weird I thought ALL cards had 16... Are you sure its asking for your card number or your ROUTING number? If its the routing number that is the first set of numbers in the lower left corner of a check. I don't remember what they ask for when setting up an account but Im pretty sure that a routing number is 12 digits so that may be what they are asking for.
Yeah, you can't enter your card number. I think it's just ins/transit and account number, which are both on cheques.

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote