Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default For the past two weeks I've been....

At a summer camp taught by that professor. I get to live on campus during the week. We got to go up on the roof and see that turbine and it is really cool. Even when the wind is barely rustling the trees, the turbines on it are spinning, and putting out about 300 watts each, which is pretty good for 6 foot blades.

We also got to tour the Ford engine plant, and see the new ecoboost engine, which is also pretty cool. The 3.5L V-6 has more power than the 4.6L V-8 and almost as much as the 5.4L V-8. Unfortunately they aren't planning on putting it in the V-8's, but that engine could still put a good bit of power in a pickup. And my friend got to put a timing chain on one of the engines too. Which was interesting to watch.

AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: For the past two weeks I've been....

Thats really cool. I just checked out the site and seems like a ton of fun. What else did you guys do out there?
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote