Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #101
Baseband Member
 
thewildpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
Oh, I remember you. You are that know it all who claims to have traveled the world and met all but 3 people in 7239023902 different countries, yet you are only like 23. Lemme tell you Mr. Hotshot, for one, the only reason people would love to live in Canada is the national health care, but they don't know how long it takes to see a doctor. And for the record, if you are a teacher, and the new generation isn't intelligent you basically FAIL at your job you dumb shit. Its your job to teach, and you don't seem to be doing a good job at it.

If you were my kid I'd slap you so hard you face fell off.

And for the record, I hate to bring up old stuff, but http://www.google.com/search?source=...ered+in+canada It turns out people do get shot in Canada. By Canadians.

And PARENTS are letting the kids run around, then that generation has failed. My parents let me stay out late, and have fun, but you don't see me being a bad person, robbing stores, and failing classes. In fact, I'll probably be making more money a year than you will ever make out of college as a chemical engineer, instead of the rest of this trash you speak of that will be making 20K for the rest of their life because they decided to screw around in school, and then they expect my money. Well tough shit, they are not getting it. I worked so I could have this money, why should they get it for sitting on their butt? So yea, it might appear that we don't take care of the sick, elderly, and poor, but truth is most of them put themselves in that spot, and I don't see any reason why I am obligated to give of myself to help someone climb out of the ditch that they knowingly jumped into.

So maybe you should stop generalizing because yea, my parents are over controlling of me, and in fact are pretty lenient, and before you say I'm just an odd case out, I know for a fact that the same is true of about 70% of the students in my school, so you should find something that separates that 70% from the other 30% in 95% of cases, and then you can generalize. Don't just generalize without having some data to support your cause, you noob.

I'm 31. I've never said anywhere that I was 23. Come back and post again when you're a man. With today's generation, all they think about is money. Do tell. What are you going to do with all the piles of money you'll make? All the money in the world won't change the fact that you're an ignorant American. Ignore time.
__________________

thewildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #102
Daemon Poster
 
karling07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig View Post
I'm 31. I've never said anywhere that I was 23. Come back and post again when you're a man. With today's generation, all they think about is money. Do tell. What are you going to do with all the piles of money you'll make? All the money in the world won't change the fact that you're an ignorant American. Ignore time.
31... Don't you have better things to do with your life? Like a wife, or a job, or kids, or anything else?
__________________

__________________
traffic in the skyy
karling07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #103
In Runtime
 
sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 282
Send a message via AIM to sherwood Send a message via MSN to sherwood
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig View Post
I'm 31. I've never said anywhere that I was 23. Come back and post again when you're a man. With today's generation, all they think about is money. Do tell. What are you going to do with all the piles of money you'll make? All the money in the world won't change the fact that you're an ignorant American. Ignore time.
Mate you got problems! bad ones.. also you cant really call him an ignorant american as you are calling all americans ignorant which they are not!

The fact is that you tooks this to serious and need to let it go..

no one was arguing that downloading is theft but hey it is there choice so let them do what they want, if they caught then yes they will server the consequences..

and this thread was not about sympathy the guy who created this was properly just letting us know what happened, maybe to let us know things are getting stricter..

So why don't you let it go, all you do is bring out these so called 'laws' that are a load of bs! this has been said a lot but a lot of the laws are a pile of bollo***s.

--

Also mate Warez is the way to go.. ISP's can't do much about that as they don't have a clue what we download because it is direct links and torrents they are been done thru ports or something (I don't no a lot about them but a bit)

But yeah warez is the way to go.. Safe and a lot faster than torrents also RS is a great and no1 place people upload to nowa days..

all I can say to you is be safe next time and the best thing you can do is get an ip masker so they can't track you ip..

Also from what I have read it sounds like the guy who took your laptop could of been a scam as it doesn't sound to offical as police can be the only one who can confiscate anything and they need a warrant to do that.
__________________
my rig: Foxconn M7VMX Series|Intel Core 2 Duo E7200GHz|2.00GB of RAM|500GB Western Digital SATA HDD|500GB Hitachi SATA|500GB Maxtor External|Nvidia GeForce 8 Serise 512MB.|400W power supply.|Windows Vista Ultimate|19" HD Monitor
sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #104
Daemon Poster
 
netBooger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 557
Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

What I don't get is people complaining about how the government tracks them. I personally don't care much as I am doing nothing illegal. But the thing is if the government could trust people to actually follow the laws then they wouldn't need to track us.

When you are downloading content illegally the companies complain to the government to do something. If the government doesn't do something then they look bad guys to all those big companies. But when they do something then they look like the bad guys to all the citizens. They can't win, and unfortunately they will probably always side with the big companies because they are a part of what generates the revenue for this country.

If you want the prices to drop on CD's DVD's and whatever else then STOP downloading them because I guarantee that is a leading factor in price increase.
__________________
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:53 PM   #105
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

well firsst thets get one thing straight online piracy is not theft

theft is defined as the illegal taking of anothers property without that persons freely given consent , and they must be permenantly deprived of this property

so for instance stealing a car and keeping it is theft , making a copy of a file over the internet is not theft and anybody who claims it is theft should go learn themselves some law
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig View Post
Considering I'm a teacher today, I think I turned out pretty well. One of the biggest problem today is that parents let their children run around like idiots and cause all kinds of trouble for themselves and others. Newer generation, yes. More intelligent? Hardly..
oh yers of course because your generation is the supremely intelligent one that thinks just because you are a teacher you know more than everyone on an internet forum , so maybe more intelligent but a damm site more ignorant for it i guess
Quote:
No, you don't. You have an ISP that clearly says in the terms of use that you are not to use the service to conduct illegal activities. I'll say it again. What a false sense of entitlement the Internet has created. Having Internet access does not give you carte blanche to do whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it. You're just chafed because something is being done about all of this Internet theft, and you'll actually have to pay for the movies like everyone else. You're now on ignore, too. It's clear you have no sense whatsoever
tbh if i had to pay for every movie i wanted to watch i prolly wouldnt buy many movies because A i cant afford it and B i disagree with the pricing in place
as for music i dont think downloading hurts the artist , if i like an artist and they are doing a gig near me i will go watch dont mind then because the artist sees a lot more of the money from gigs and merch sales
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #106
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 810
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
Well, i backed everything up on my flash drive, all my music and movies. Then i deleted everything related to torrents. And i ran nCleaner. I was a little worried about a few other programs I have. But he didn't say nothing about it.

I'm a little worried to download now, My mom pays the bill, and I don't wanna ruin it for her.

I was going to get stuff off of DreamSpark, but I dont think i will now.

Uh, no, it's "He didn't say ANYTHING about it." Try getting an education, moron, instead of living in Mommy's basement.
You have to PM me to call me a moron?

You must be scared. You cant talk crap where everyone else can see it, so you PM me, wonder what your likfe in real life.
__________________
MSI K9N2GM-FIH motherboard AMD Phenom Agena 9600(2) Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1GB PC2 6400 Thermaltake 430W PSU
160GB Segate Barracuda HDD 19" Wide Screen Hanns-G
Raidmax Tornado ATX Case OS- Gentoo
Toshiba A135 -Vista Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz. 1.5gb ram
www.localtechnet.net - Support me, click the ads!!
Austinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #107
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,534
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

I knew thewildpig sounded familiar. I'm the guy from Newfoundland who's idea of taking a vacation is going outside in my backyard, from that "this wouldn't happen in Canada" thread.

And I'd just like to respond to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber chicken
Lemme tell you Mr. Hotshot, for one, the only reason people would love to live in Canada is the national health care, but they don't know how long it takes to see a doctor.
You can walk into the hospital here and see a doctor within 30 minutes to an hour usually. A specialist... that's a different story.

As much as I'd love to go with the crowd here, thewildpig does have a point. This is about enforcing the law, and piracy is piracy regardless of how you think about it. I'm not saying I haven't downloaded anything myself but in the end the RIAA and MPAA are just trying to protect their copyrighted material. I could go on about their bad business models and how the industry needs to change (I definitely agree with that and could wrote a 10 page essay on that itself), but in the end they are just trying to stop piracy and protect their assets.

I'd probably do the same if I were the CEO of one of the larger Hollywood movie studios.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #108
Daemon Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 810
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

I never once claimed what I did wasn't illegal. And I am pretty sure I said i wouldnt be doing it again. When i stated I'd do it at my dad's house, i was being a smartass.
__________________
MSI K9N2GM-FIH motherboard AMD Phenom Agena 9600(2) Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1GB PC2 6400 Thermaltake 430W PSU
160GB Segate Barracuda HDD 19" Wide Screen Hanns-G
Raidmax Tornado ATX Case OS- Gentoo
Toshiba A135 -Vista Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz. 1.5gb ram
www.localtechnet.net - Support me, click the ads!!
Austinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #109
Daemon Poster
 
netBooger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 557
Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
well firsst thets get one thing straight online piracy is not theft

theft is defined as the illegal taking of anothers property without that persons freely given consent , and they must be permenantly deprived of this property

so for instance stealing a car and keeping it is theft , making a copy of a file over the internet is not theft and anybody who claims it is theft should go learn themselves some law
Sure, piracy is not theft of the actual binary since you are getting a copy of it but it certainly is a theft of profit the binary could have earned. So it is the permanent deprivation of their profits, because they are not receiving any from those who obtain it for free.

And while YOU may never have bought the product to begin with you are still contributing to the P2P and torrent programs and helping to keep them in business and allowing others to obtain pirated goods as well.

Now US law may say that piracy is copyright infringement and not theft specifically but we can all agree that the intent is the same - To obtain something meant for sale without paying for it. Which is theft is it not?
__________________
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #110
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by netBooger View Post
Sure, piracy is not theft of the actual binary since you are getting a copy of it but it certainly is a theft of profit the binary could have earned. So it is the permanent deprivation of their profits, because they are not receiving any from those who obtain it for free.

And while YOU would never have bought the product to begin with you are still contributing to the P2P and torrent programs and helping to keep them in business and allowing others to obtain pirated goods as well.
Now US law may say that piracy is copyright infringement and not theft specifically but we can all agree that the intent is the same - To obtain something meant for sale without paying for it. Which is theft is it not?
firstly by downloading i am not explicitly depriving them of a sale or profits , and you cant apply theft to things that potentially would be ie a sale of goods not the same principle because as i said if i had to buy movies i wouldnt buy any
the key word you used there is "Could " if its only a could then it isnt a theft because it is not certain that if i had not downloaded the movie i would have bought it
also there is nothing wrong with keeping p2p and torrent programs alive because they have completely legitimate uses and there is nothing illegal about the technology its self

nope just because the intended outcome is the same dosent mean the offence is the same

im not arguing that online piracy is not wrong i accept that morally and legally it is still wrong
but it just bugs when people use the term theft to describe something that is not explicitly theft just because the fat cats who want to wipe out piracy like thowing theese shcok words out to scare the generally law abiding citizens into thinking they are the same as low level car theives ,muggers and shop lifters when they are not
someone who goes out and smashes a car window and steals something to pay for their next drigs fix is not the same as someone who sits at home and downloads a movies just because they disagree with paying the extorninate ammounts the movie companies want us to pay for their movies which in many cases arent even worth the ammount they ask
or some 13 year old kid who dosent get enough pocket money to buy all of those green day albums or what not because shops like hmv charge up to 15 for up to 10 year old albums but is still a fan of them and would go to their gig if given half a chance
__________________

__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0