Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #91
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,744
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig View Post
It's the law. I follow the law. Sadly, many in your generation do not. As for the parent issue, I've covered that already.
For the second time, do you even read my posts?
The law isn't always right. Most of the time (depending on your country) it is. But sometimes it isn't.

Sometimes police are too strict, sometimes politicians make strict laws. But once again, they are not always right.

We have a right, to freedom, to happiness, to live.
__________________

StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #92
Baseband Member
 
thewildpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson.MacKenzie View Post
Know what else was a law? Prohibition, separate but equal, the law banning sodomy, laws making women not equal to men, etc etc etc. Think for yourself, your government is there to protect you, not control you.
And your point is what? Theft has always been illegal, for good reason. This isn't a law that will get overturned, much to your dismay, I'm sure. If you want a movie, buy it.
__________________

thewildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #93
Daemon Poster
 
karling07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig View Post
And your point is what? Theft has always been illegal, for good reason. This isn't a law that will get overturned, much to your dismay, I'm sure. If you want a movie, buy it.
Is anyone arguing with you that theft is illegal? No. When you go into a store, they can bust you for stealing their products. You are on their property and therefore abide by their rules. When I am at home using an internet connection that I pay for, I have the right to do whatever I want without being tracked. If agencies want to put a stop to that, they can start from the source; the trackers. I still think this is wrong, but it's certainly a hell of a step up from invading our privacy in our personal life.

Internet has become such an integral part of society today that it is practically a second life for many of us. Would you be ok with cameras being placed all around your house to make sure you don't do anything illegal or suspicious?
__________________
traffic in the skyy
karling07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #94
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,744
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig View Post
And your point is what? Theft has always been illegal, for good reason. This isn't a law that will get overturned, much to your dismay, I'm sure. If you want a movie, buy it.
Believe it or not, when people download a lot it shows that movies are getting expensive. A lot of people have hacked foxtel. Why? Because it's expensive, the channels aren't the best and normal TV isn't the best either.

WoW - why people made private servers, the game is $15 USD (or $22AUD) a month.

It's not like we're hurting anyone, we're not making anyone poor.

Say I bought Meet the Spartans. %99 of people wouldn't buy it because it's a crappy movie. So, why buy a crappy movie? You wouldn't buy the movie because you've heard from everyone it's crappy and it would be a waste of $20 or so..
So just download it.

EDIT: And once again, freedom and privacy plays a big role in this.
As Jackson, above, has stated.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #95
Baseband Member
 
thewildpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson.MacKenzie View Post
Is anyone arguing with you that theft is illegal? No. When you go into a store, they can bust you for stealing their products. You are on their property and therefore abide by their rules. When I am at home using an internet connection that I pay for, I have the right to do whatever I want without being tracked.
No, you don't. You have an ISP that clearly says in the terms of use that you are not to use the service to conduct illegal activities. I'll say it again. What a false sense of entitlement the Internet has created. Having Internet access does not give you carte blanche to do whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it. You're just chafed because something is being done about all of this Internet theft, and you'll actually have to pay for the movies like everyone else. You're now on ignore, too. It's clear you have no sense whatsoever.
thewildpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #96
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,744
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig View Post
No, you don't. You have an ISP that clearly says in the terms of use that you are not to use the service to conduct illegal activities. I'll say it again. What a false sense of entitlement the Internet has created. Having Internet access does not give you carte blanche to do whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it. You're just chafed because something is being done about all of this Internet theft, and you'll actually have to pay for the movies like everyone else. You're now on ignore, too. It's clear you have no sense whatsoever.
The internet is..well, now WAS, supposed to be a place of freedom, where people can share nearly anything they wanted. Now it's being tracked...

The ISP's don't really care about internet theft, the only reason they put it down is because if you do something illegal they don't want to get blamed.

And now your ignoring him? You ignored me, heck your not even going to read this probably. But seriously, ignoring people should be used when they are annoying or harassing you, not when they're just disagreeing with you.
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #97
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig View Post
Considering I'm a teacher today, I think I turned out pretty well. One of the biggest problem today is that parents let their children run around like idiots and cause all kinds of trouble for themselves and others. Newer generation, yes. More intelligent? Hardly.
Oh, I remember you. You are that know it all who claims to have traveled the world and met all but 3 people in 7239023902 different countries, yet you are only like 23. Lemme tell you Mr. Hotshot, for one, the only reason people would love to live in Canada is the national health care, but they don't know how long it takes to see a doctor. And for the record, if you are a teacher, and the new generation isn't intelligent you basically FAIL at your job you dumb shit. Its your job to teach, and you don't seem to be doing a good job at it.

If you were my kid I'd slap you so hard you face fell off.

And for the record, I hate to bring up old stuff, but http://www.google.com/search?source=...ered+in+canada It turns out people do get shot in Canada. By Canadians.

And PARENTS are letting the kids run around, then that generation has failed. My parents let me stay out late, and have fun, but you don't see me being a bad person, robbing stores, and failing classes. In fact, I'll probably be making more money a year than you will ever make out of college as a chemical engineer, instead of the rest of this trash you speak of that will be making 20K for the rest of their life because they decided to screw around in school, and then they expect my money. Well tough shit, they are not getting it. I worked so I could have this money, why should they get it for sitting on their butt? So yea, it might appear that we don't take care of the sick, elderly, and poor, but truth is most of them put themselves in that spot, and I don't see any reason why I am obligated to give of myself to help someone climb out of the ditch that they knowingly jumped into.

So maybe you should stop generalizing because yea, my parents are over controlling of me, and in fact are pretty lenient, and before you say I'm just an odd case out, I know for a fact that the same is true of about 70% of the students in my school, so you should find something that separates that 70% from the other 30% in 95% of cases, and then you can generalize. Don't just generalize without having some data to support your cause, you noob.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #98
Daemon Poster
 
karling07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig View Post
No, you don't. You have an ISP that clearly says in the terms of use that you are not to use the service to conduct illegal activities. I'll say it again. What a false sense of entitlement the Internet has created. Having Internet access does not give you carte blanche to do whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it. You're just chafed because something is being done about all of this Internet theft, and you'll actually have to pay for the movies like everyone else. You're now on ignore, too. It's clear you have no sense whatsoever.
I imagine you must be a very effective teacher. Teach total obedience, dissuade all questioning, and of course the silent treatment for those who disagree with you.
__________________
traffic in the skyy
karling07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #99
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildpig View Post
No, you don't. You have an ISP that clearly says in the terms of use that you are not to use the service to conduct illegal activities. I'll say it again. What a false sense of entitlement the Internet has created. Having Internet access does not give you carte blanche to do whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it. You're just chafed because something is being done about all of this Internet theft, and you'll actually have to pay for the movies like everyone else. You're now on ignore, too. It's clear you have no sense whatsoever.
you have a brain, but you certainly don't use it.

and for the record, you are now on my ignore. Lemme guess. You are gonna go cry now because someone on the INTERNET disagrees with you.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:08 PM   #100
Daemon Poster
 
karling07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,099
Default Re: Paramount busted me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
you have a brain, but you certainly don't use it.

and for the record, you are now on my ignore. Lemme guess. You are gonna go cry now because someone on the INTERNET disagrees with you.
He's just in a bad mood because when he was a kid his parents used AOL Parental Controls and caught him watching porn. That kind of stuff can have severe long term repercussions on the pretentious douchebaginess of an individual.
__________________

__________________
traffic in the skyy
karling07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0