Out 4 wheeling today! (Pics -56K-Warning)

The other week some of my friends from work were going out dune buggy riding. They really didn't know the area to well so I became there tour guide through the mountains of good old PA. Well long story short their dune buggies don't quite have the power to get over some of the hills. So I went out scouting today to figure out some alternate routes for them to get around stuff.

Here are some random pictures I took. It sucks because my ride got cut short. I left with clear blue sky's and of course when I'm 20 miles out in the woods in the middle of nowhere the sky turns black as night and starts to downpour!

This was one of the hills that they weren't able to make it up on the buggies. It's not really steep until the top of the hill.

Lookingupahill.jpg

There was a tree down at the top too and I decided to walk up the other side to see if I could even still get up over the hill. On my way down I took a shot of my bike between the two hills. I think you can get a better idea of the size here. If you look at the first photo I was standing on the left side looking down where the trail starts to go to the right.

BetweenHills.jpg

Getting ready to cross the creek.

CreekViewside1.jpg

Other side of the creek.

CreekViewside2.jpg

Black snake on one of the trails. (Yes, I ran it over).

BlackSnakeonroad.jpg

It's a goergeous placew there! Hope you had a lot of fun!

Is a black snake venomous?

It's a goergeous placew there! Hope you had a lot of fun!

Is a black snake venomous?

Thanks man!

Black Snakes aren't really venomous but if they manage to bite you it will make you sick for a few hours.

The big thing to worry about in the area is rattlesnakes and copperheads.

Next time I'm out I'll get some good scenery shots. I was on my way to the top of a mountain to get some really open shots of the wildlife but it started raining lol.

*Jealous* I never get to go out and ride anymore. Let alone on some gorgeous real estate like that! Who's property?

Back
Top Bottom