Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #11
BSOD

Default Re: For our school, this is great. Kudos to people who put thins on shared drives

I have as much space as I can use out of the 1tb HDD.
I had doom in my h:/ drive and my password got changed and I h ad to have a meeting with the principal

goeatspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: For our school, this is great. Kudos to people who put thins on shared drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervin32189 View Post
How much space do you have? On my faculty file share, they only gave me 500 MB.
they give us 100mb at school....even in tech class...its so pitiful. The computers have p3 800mhz with like 512mb ram, and some have like 1.4ghz pentium 4's. Takes like 10 minutes to log in and everything lags so bad that its impossible to use. thats why i take my laptop to class

evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish

our pc's have 1 gig of ram 22 inch HP LCD Monitors HP PC's they got some nice gaming ATI card also...
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

The computers at my college are P4 or C2D with 3GB of RAM and 17 inch LCDs. Dell OptiPlex.

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #15
muz
Golden Master

we only get like 250mb to store files on although if we ask the it admins nicely they will increase it for us and then they will just like make it a few gigs so you dont keep going back to them every week moaning but i have a 4gb usb drive that i usually take with me to keep all my work on then i back it up at home every night and at college one every week
there are a range of machines at out college

the computing and it departments all have 3ghz p4s with either 512 or 1gb ram
then in the library and general IT suite anybody can use there are pentium D's with 1gb ram and 160gb hdd

then in the learning skills resource room there are pentium D's with 2gb ram and 250g hdd

then the media studies department has mac pros and i mac's about 15 of each
there is also at least one P4 machine in every classroom linked up to a projector for the teacher to use

i heard they got some C2D's delivered though and they are being installed over the christmas break i heard they already installed a few of these in some of the departments staff rooms dunno how many they have of them but i saw about 30 of them piled up in a room the other day dunno if thats the lot or there are more
Old 10-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

we have nice computers, but they are stupid by resetting the passwords at the beginning of the year to the same thing. We usually commandeer like 20 accounts per person to use each year.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish

yeah last week, we had to reset our passes for some odd reason, I installed CCLeaner on my PC in Comm Tech and took off all the crappy start-ups

Old 10-22-2008, 06:09 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

We have some people put games on our student public drive on the school network as well. Right now last I knew Project 64 was still on there under a folder called "neat stuff", lol. But there's a ton of people in one of my classes that is addicted to it now. The guy that sits next to me has to constantly be on Super Mario 64, he gets pissed off big time if he has to stop playing... A little too addicted are we? My other computer class teacher doesn't mind if we play games after we are done with work, and there was also Age of Empires 2 on the server that we would play networked. I'm sure there's been other games, I'm just not big on playing games. AOE2 is fun, but gets boring if played too often.

The newest systems in my school have AMD dual cores 3.0GHz, 2GB RAM. They are pretty quick, seems like 5 seconds from log in screen to desktop and icons loaded... Ones that were new last year have AMD dual cores 2.0GHz, 1GB RAM. Not quite as quick, kinda laggy sometimes, but then they are used by lots of people who don't really care about them. I think the oldest systems at my school have 2.8GHz P4's with 512MB ram and are just secondary systems now in classrooms and don't get used much. Most of those got replaced by the AMD 3GHz systems. Last year they got rid of all the 1GHz systems I think. My school only buys HP stuff. Can't complain, they are decent. Much better than if they got Dell crap.
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #19
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Our comps are so tied down its crazy. No notepad, no dos, nothing

But we can get into bios, so I'm thinking linux is gonna happen soon.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #20
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusfrk611 View Post
We have some people put games on our student public drive on the school network as well. Right now last I knew Project 64 was still on there under a folder called "neat stuff", lol. But there's a ton of people in one of my classes that is addicted to it now. The guy that sits next to me has to constantly be on Super Mario 64, he gets pissed off big time if he has to stop playing... A little too addicted are we? My other computer class teacher doesn't mind if we play games after we are done with work, and there was also Age of Empires 2 on the server that we would play networked. I'm sure there's been other games, I'm just not big on playing games. AOE2 is fun, but gets boring if played too often.

The newest systems in my school have AMD dual cores 3.0GHz, 2GB RAM. They are pretty quick, seems like 5 seconds from log in screen to desktop and icons loaded... Ones that were new last year have AMD dual cores 2.0GHz, 1GB RAM. Not quite as quick, kinda laggy sometimes, but then they are used by lots of people who don't really care about them. I think the oldest systems at my school have 2.8GHz P4's with 512MB ram and are just secondary systems now in classrooms and don't get used much. Most of those got replaced by the AMD 3GHz systems. Last year they got rid of all the 1GHz systems I think. My school only buys HP stuff. Can't complain, they are decent. Much better than if they got Dell crap.

Haha thats pretty sweet, it's funny for us, every week we check it there is either another emulator game put in or some type of network bypass thing...only if I knew who did it. Our school in my opinion the only pc nerds I'd know would be me and like 5 other friends, I'm a Junior and I know like all the seniors, I can't think of any nerdy Seniors.... hehe