Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #31
Fully Optimized

Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi
Default Re: Our Jobs

Have a few titles..
Day job: Ka Comm Inc. I'm an emergency vehicle technician, I take a bone stock car and build a police car, fire, ems, etc. from top to bottom. We install 911 dispatch centers, maintain communication backbones (I climb towers ). It's a lot of fun.
Volunteer: Blue TWP Fire/Rescue, been there for a year and 3 months. I'm also a volunteer PD. Only 19 so it gives me good experience, at 21 I'll be applying to be a career LEO.

bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #32
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legodude522 View Post
Hehe, I spotted the Sony Clie
I still have a couple Cliés rotting in the garage...

Old 11-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #33
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
I still have a couple Cliés rotting in the garage...
Hey, I loved my Clié, in it's time it was an excellent PDA, wouldn't trade my smartphone for it today but I liked it above the Palm devices it competed with. Mine is still around here somewhere, still works too.
strollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #34
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by og View Post
I had a very similar job at my former middle school a few years ago.

Me vs 1000 students, 80 staff and no official support from the district. The network ran fine, but it was very basic - no Active Directory, and our file shares were based on a Unix server at the district office, creating student accounts was done by hand, ditto for password resets. I had a good system though by the time I left. Pay sucked royally, but you can't beat the vacations and snow days though!

Still have some photos from that job if you'd like to see. Careful observers will note the lone mac among a sea of PCs.

Index of /shared/ms/

Well I do have support and a little more advanced network. AD has been setup for some time, but this is only my 4th year here so I'm still tweaking things to my liking. I usually end up working the snow days and I only get 10 days off in the summer. But I do love this job - I was going to be a teacher but went this route instead.
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #35
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by strollin View Post
Hey, I loved my Clié, in it's time it was an excellent PDA, wouldn't trade my smartphone for it today but I liked it above the Palm devices it competed with. Mine is still around here somewhere, still works too.
I upgraded from the Clié to a Palm T|X some years ago and am still loving it. I think I'm on my fourth or fifth unit (hard to tell, as I've replaced and/or repaired mine and my wife's T|Xs so many times...) now, and almost killed my current one the other day.

I will have to put it aside, eventually, though and I worry about finding a good calendar app that can replace the functionality of DateBk6.

On-topic, I was an instructor for ten years and still do a little on-the-side, as it were, at my church. I thought about doing the teaching gig, but I prefer to teach adults who actually want to be there, so for me it have to be either a vocational course or college-level.

As it is, I have solid employment doing something I love doing... with enough time there, the money will start to pick up again.