Our Jobs

I work as a metrologist, calibrating environmental monitoring instruments all day. I get all sorts of neat equipment to play with.

I work as a metrologist, calibrating environmental monitoring instruments all day. I get all sorts of neat equipment to play with.
So are you the guy behind the weather man on TV? The one who makes sure he gets the right reading? Do you and your buddies have some sort of a joke then to make sure everything is not calibrated right and the weather guy calls for 60 and sunny then it ends up being 20 and snowing?

Kidding man.

So are you the guy behind the weather man on TV? The one who makes sure he gets the right reading? Do you and your buddies have some sort of a joke then to make sure everything is not calibrated right and the weather guy calls for 60 and sunny then it ends up being 20 and snowing?

Kidding man.
No, that's a meteorologist. Metrology is dealing with measurements.

Kidding man.

He's a calibration technician.

Technology Coordinator at a public school in the US.
It's 600 computer and 1100 users VS me....LOL

Trainee Accountant for 3 and a half years..

Currently working for Andrew Seed.. Hopeing to keep the name going after retirement, own office, phone, desk, computer.. I don't handle phone calls, not my job, I just use it for friends lol..(I don't take the P!ss)

I work with invoices.. receipts, book keeping, cashflow manager, keeping files up-to date, turn overs.

Technology Coordinator at a public school in the US.
It's 600 computer and 1100 users VS me....LOL

I had a very similar job at my former middle school a few years ago.

Me vs 1000 students, 80 staff and no official support from the district. The network ran fine, but it was very basic - no Active Directory, and our file shares were based on a Unix server at the district office, creating student accounts was done by hand, ditto for password resets. I had a good system though by the time I left. Pay sucked royally, but you can't beat the vacations and snow days though!

Still have some photos from that job if you'd like to see. Careful observers will note the lone mac among a sea of PCs. ;)

http://www.amdarchive.com/shared/index.php?path=ms/

I had a very similar job at my former middle school a few years ago.

Me vs 1000 students, 80 staff and no official support from the district. The network ran fine, but it was very basic - no Active Directory, and our file shares were based on a Unix server at the district office, creating student accounts was done by hand, ditto for password resets. I had a good system though by the time I left. Pay sucked royally, but you can't beat the vacations and snow days though!

Still have some photos from that job if you'd like to see. Careful observers will note the lone mac among a sea of PCs. ;)

Index of /shared/ms/
Hehe, I spotted the Sony Clie :)

Back
Top Bottom