Our Jobs

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,

i'm not sure about our average age on this forum any more but i was just interested to see what everyone is doing with their working life at the minute :? could be interesting and who knows if in the same country and area could lead to reccomendations for jobs?

Let me start off.

I'm a System Administrator for Carillion for a system called Concept which is owend by FSI. Concept is like alot of programs in the sense it is just a front end interface for a database. The database contains a good couple of hundred tables from building information, asset information and fault information. My basic role started as making new accounts to use the program, editing the data for the program via the front interface and fixing anyones issues that they had.
Now i have developed my roled to involve alot of database administration. Using Microsoft Access and more recently just plain hand written SQL queries, views and stored procedures.

CST at Fujitsu Services, doing an ongoing contract supporting KFC stores with their tills and stuff. Not the best job in the world, but for a 17-YO like me, 6.75 an hour full time with regular opportunities for overtime is hella good money.

I just work in a plain old clothes shop part time at the weekends whilst at university in my final year studying law . Probably wont end up having a career in IT at all its just a hobby for me

I'm a support technician in an ICT department in an Insurance company supporting 16 remote sites and the typical idiotic management. I mostly deal with our internal helpdesk supporting 300 users but also support all our Blackberrys with BES, have to orginise branch acquisitions (lines, machines and whatnot), workstation installations/re-installations and new software testing.

I'm a software engineer for a large software company on a development team working on a product that is an add-in for Excel to perform Statistical Analysis Simulations. I work from home so no commute. I'm in California but the bulk of the rest of my team is in Colorado.

Mechanical Engineering intern at an oil refinery. In fact, I'm at work right now. I also worked as an engineer at GM this past summer, and will be working there this coming summer.

Joe - Im in cardiff in a few weekends time for a stag do. Do you go out and about much in town there? Any recommendations of places to go etc?

I work for a company as a quality control officer of sorts, basically checking for architectural completeness on various projects. Also just a general help around the office with IT and most things techy that need doing.

If some of you are in high school and thinking about college. Controls engineering has a big demand in all fields. Especially people that do mechanical engineering but has taken a few controls classes as well.

Back
Top Bottom