Foreign Film: "Tsotsi," South Africa.
Adapted Screenplay: Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana, "Brokeback Mountain."
Original Screenplay: Paul Haggis and Bobby Moresco, "Crash."
Animated Feature Film: "Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit."
Art Direction: "Memoirs of a Geisha."
Cinematography: "Memoirs of a Geisha."
Sound Mixing: "King Kong."
Sound Editing: "King Kong."
Original Score: "Brokeback Mountain," Gustavo Santaolalla.
Original Song: "It's Hard out Here for a Pimp" from "Hustle & Flow," Jordan Houston, Cedric Coleman and Paul Beauregard.
Costume: "Memoirs of a Geisha."
Documentary Feature: "March of the Penguins."
Documentary (short subject): "A Note of Triumph: The Golden Age of Norman Corwin."
Film Editing: "Crash."
Makeup: "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."
Animated Short Film: "The Moon and the Son: An Imagined Conversation."
Live Action Short Film: "Six Shooter."
Visual Effects: "King Kong."

I don't liek watching the Oscars, Grammies, or whatever else they have. Unless you're a film fanatic then sure. But not me.

Way too much hype when Oscar time comes around. Here I am trying to watch the news for the weather and things like that, then what do I see? 30 minutes worth of live coverage of the stupid Oscar partys everyone's going to. Who cares about their party. Give me the NEWS. What's going on with Iraq? Sports? Weather? The riot that broke out in San Bernardino that I didn't even know about because the dumb Oscar's live coverage forced me to change the channel?

I live near that place.[45 miles, give or take] They still havn't opened the roads. Tuesday's drive is going to be a headkiller.

Oscars was pretty interesting...one of the biggest upsets in the history of the Academy Awards. "Brokeback Mountain" was hyped and expected to be the winning movie, and it got taken by "Crash" (which is a good movie BTW). All they had was a $6.5 million budget and a small filming lot...pretty impressive if you ask me.

There were quite a few good movies this year too...Crash, Brokeback Mountain, Good Night and Good Luck, Capote, Munich, Walk the Line...not bad. :)

I'll probably watch it. I quite like awards ceremonies but there seems to be getting alot more of them now!

Back
Top Bottom