Ordered a new case

muz

Golden Master
Well i decided to order a new case , and a few other bits like fans and a set of cold cathodes ,
here is the case
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/121074
There are also some more pictures here - http://www.casepower.com.tw/english/UL01.html
I decided upon a new case cos the one i have here only has 80MM fan bays and i rather than buy a load of those adaptors i wanted a new case
I mean for £17 i am not expecting the best case ever but the rviews for the black and the whte on looked pretty good and i decided even if it is poor build quality for £17 it wont exactly break the bank
I also like the vga/sli cooling fan which will keep cool whatever gpu I decide to get
I also got a set of cold cathodes - http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/51686/rb/0
Which are great and at the price i couldnt afford not to get some , they are like £8 at my local pc store

I also got 2 120mm led fans a bag of case fan mounting screws and my sisters birthday present which i wont tell in case she is looking

Its all coming tomorrow so hopefully i can add some pics once i get it

Yeah hopefully citylink should come earlier rather than later cos if it comes at like 8PM i might wait till tomorrow to load it all into the case . ANyhow i think the build quality should be same if not better than this case i have now cos this one cos about £22 and come with a psu that actually is still working now like 6 months later , only complaints with this one is PCI e cards dont line up with the holes on the back so if i got a new GPU i would have to modify the back of the case which would suck .
here is my current case
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...K/SILVER+MIDI+Tower+4+Gamers+?productId=21963

Ok well i havent been around all day cos i was setting it up and then at my friends house but hey i am back :D

ANyway yeah it came this moening at about 8:40am , pretty bad considering i didnt go asleep till about 4AM :D
Anyway so the city link van pulls up outside and i was like yay here it is , so i go to the door and he says delivery for my name and hands me the first box then goes and gets the second box and i sign for it , then i obviously take the boxes inside and am like ok which one to open first so i open the smaller one which has in it My sisters birthday present , 2 120mm casecom fans , a set of cold cathodes and a box of fan screws which i didnt need after all cos the case fans came with screws but hey there wher only 99P

So obviously after checking off the contents of that box i move on to the bigger I cute box which had in it my case in it . I cut the top and start lifting the case out when i notice the first problem , there is no Side window so i am like OK did they send me the wrong case so i look at the Item on ebuyer again and it does say comes with side wondow so i am like looking at the model number on the box and the on in their description and both are the same so either A case got packaged wrong or I cute stopped making it with the side window
SO at first i wa lil bit pissed that it didnt have a side window so i am like e mailing customer service and telling them but meanwhile i kept looking at it and i was impressed all the same , the thing that i like most is the glossy finish on the paint , i just expected the usual matte black cause and thats what the pics looked like but its actually a high quality gloss coat which i liked , even the plastic on the front is glossy so i eventualy decided against returning it cos it aint worth all the messin around for a bit of acrylic which if i had the time i could do myself anyway , and if they stopped making them with a side pannel i would not be getting a side pannel anyway

So anyway i started stripping my old case out and putting it in there , first thing i did where the fans which was the two i bought and two from my previous build , The two i bought went one in the side pannel and another one in the front of the hard drives , next i put my akasa 80mm case fan in the bottom side pannel fan bay for now to blow air out , and finaly my old 120mm blue led fan in the back blowing air out
Now i mounted the rest and was ready to pwoer up but nothng happened , to cut a long story short i put one of the standoffs in the wrong place and it was shoritng my board out
Now i had it up and running and i was impressed with the noise , slightly lower than my prev build and most of this is PSU noise as i have a generic PSU
Now cos it didnt have a side pannel i didnt have a use for them cold cathodes but at the price i payed 2.99 i wasnt exactly mortified by this however i have now devised a place for them to go , on the front pannel of the case at the right and left , then pass the switch for them out the back of a pci hole and just to the side of the case on the floor so i can switch it with my toe .
I must say i am very happy with this case , for £17.99 , obviously there are a few minor faults i have found such as a few sharp edges inside which if you arent carefull can hurt you , such as the one on the area where the PSU mounts however for he price that aint an issue to me just carefull , Also there are some realy good features such as a removeable motherboard tray and a door at the front so it dosent matter what colout my optical drives are cos beforei had beige drives and a black fronted case it looked pretty stupid now it dosent matter cos ther eis a DVD slot door , all the fan slots are 80/120mm which means i can install quieter but more powerfull 120mm fans, the headers for the front USB firewire and Audio are also mounted onto high quality pre configured headers which means no messing about trying to work out what goes where . I also love the glossy black paint finish on it .The build quality is also of an acceptable standard and althoug it isnt as good as a £100 case its better than the previous case , it has a steel beam running above the Mobo all the way from the front to the back of the case which i think helps stenghten the whole thing and once it has both side pannels on its pretty stong
All in all i feel as though i should have payed a lot more for this case , i would still have been happy had i paid £30 for it and recieved this
I must say if you ever order from E buyer just add a few sets of theese to your order cos they are great value at only £2.99 a piece and they come in a box with an inverter a rocker switch and all the stuff to mount them ,they be 12" but you can always get 6" sets for £1.99 someplaces charge about £10 a set for theese , And if you knew what you where dopnig they dont just have to be used for PC's , some people have modified them to run in cars or even on walls etc i might get a few more sets and attempt to put some round my TV and desk :D , they are pretty bright as well

Also pics are coming tomoorow cos i havent charged the batteries for the cam yet

Make sure you do some decent cable management. Wires can make an awesome case look horrible.

Yeah i gotta do that now , especialy with the inversters and loads of cables for cc's

Back
Top Bottom