Open message to David Re: For Sale / Trade

UK31337

Fully Optimized
I think you should tighten things up in there. Every time anybody wants to sell anything, they're jumped on, usually by Grandad, for "advertising". Like I said in there it's always "advertising" if somebody wants to sell something because they need to advertise the product for sale. If they don't "advertise" then how in the name of Zaphod Beeblebrox are they going to be able to sell it???

If people are going to continue to remove links, accuse people of spamming and advertising etc. then I don't see any harm on For Sale / Trade being removed outright, seemingly as nobody seems to be permitted to use it for its rightful purpose.

And I also think Brookfield should keep his nose well out of that section, everybody gets accused and legitimate dealings get stomped on.

Thanks. Comments welcome.

personally I think the section should be removed all together.

A lot of the posts do get jumped on, personally I think it should get removed all together, as I've never even seen a transaction made on there

ive seen alot of transactions made on there, but with every post put in there being jumped on as soon as its made, there isnt any point of having one.

it would work well if the transactions werent jumped on as soon as they were posted, and distracted away from the point of the post, but that isnt gonna change.. so i say it should be removed all together.

agreed i have seen a few transactions on there but at the end of the day i dont think it is very popular , if people want to buy something i say go to ebay you get protection there as well which is something we cant offer

The vast majority of posts on the first page at this time are fine, and being used exactly what the board was setup to do - people selling their own personal computer related items; there should be no need to interfear with these. I think the board is still needed and unless it is outright spam or 'please check out my ebay auctions' there it should be left alone

i think people should be allowed to post a description thena link to an ebay auction as that encourages peeps to buy and they still advertise the item here and i dunno i know what uk31337 is saying about brookfield posting in every advertisment thread trying to find fault with the seller i think if he wants to do that go get a job moderating at e bay or something

i think ebay links shouldn't be allowed, because it gets enough attention there. However links to things describing your product in more detail than the seller could should be welcome. Isn't that even mentioned in the rules that it is allowed?

Back
Top Bottom