OMG is this true?

Those heartless goons.

The man is dead now. It is rude to give judgements on him that way. If anything, they should wish him forgiveness and a peaceful rest :(

If they are true believers, they should know that it is completely up to God to decide his fate.

First off, I find your words very prudent. Even more so that they came from a member of the Muslim community. Not because of anything other than the fact that Christians see the Muslim faith as blasphemous/evil/whatever crazy shit they believe, yet the wisdom in the above is far more in line with "Christian teaching" than most "Christians" today. Bravo, good sir!

Most religious people trip me out. I identify with the Christian faith, more or less, but I rarely mention it in every day conversation. Having read the Bible from cover to cover, crap like "You're going to hell" just blows my mind. Pure ignorance.

Luke 6:37 said:
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Romans 2:1 said:
You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

John 8:7 said:
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

Looks like they forgot those scriptures (among the many others) about running your mouth about people's fate.

They are not Christians. They are arrogant, ignorant, and hypocritical assholes. Sorry for the language, but that's the reality.

@BK_123 & MMM

As MMM mentioned, there are not always 'warning signs.' This recent trend in identifying mental illness by every tumultuous virtue a person has is only making everyone suspicious of everyone else... home grown Sigmund Freud's who really don't understand anything about psychology.

I personally suffer from PTSD and you'd never know it if you met me in person. One of my many psychologists over the years noted that I have one of the highest "control factors" he's seen, which only means... you'd never know if I was having a bad day. You just can't know sometimes.

__

It sucks that Williams is gone. Whatever is waiting for us after this life, hopefully he found some peace.

The official "Suicide by belt, half seated in a chair" story stinks IMHO. I would've believed drug overdose (he was a self-proclaimed addict, with a big problem), but not that he made himself suffer like that.

Whatever really happened... it sucks that he's gone.

Last edited:
First off, I find your words very prudent. Even more so that they came from a member of the Muslim community. Not because of anything other than the fact that Christians see the Muslim faith as blasphemous/evil/whatever crazy shit they believe, yet the wisdom in the above is far more in line with "Christian teaching" than most "Christians" today. Bravo, good sir!

Most religious people trip me out. I identify with the Christian faith, more or less, but I rarely mention it in every day conversation. Having read the Bible from cover to cover, crap like "You're going to hell" just blows my mind. Pure ignorance.

Looks like they forgot those scriptures (among the many others) about running your mouth about people's fate.

They are not Christians. They are arrogant, ignorant, and hypocritical assholes. Sorry for the language, but that's the reality.

Thanks man :)

Oh, I've been called heathen/infidel/hypocrite (so far) by Christians. Online of course, not by the colleagues :). I don't blame them tho, because of the sad reality that Muslims have the biggest stand-out radical fundamentalists in the world thanks to the nature of current major Muslim countries.

It is a problem that people fail to see the Bibles as whole units. They (cherry!?!?) pick verses either for their own ulterior motives or by innocent ignorance. I believe who judged Robin to go to hell did it because they know that Christianity forbids committing suicide (in the old testament at least) and either ignored or didn't know about other verses like the ones you mentioned. Committing a sin does not necessarily mean hell condemnation. May God guide them to the right path.

I guess I jumped the gun when I called them heartless goons and I feel bad about it. Who knows, maybe they were misguided and an advice would work with them. Beliefs are complicated you know.

Disclaimer: :offtopic:

Thanks man :)

You're very welcome.

Now, an interesting thing to note here:

the sad reality that Muslims have the biggest stand-out radical fundamentalists in the world thanks to the nature of current major Muslim countries.

That's such a complicated study...

One word though, will quickly put Islamic radicals into perspective: Israel

Israel is committing genocide, plain and simple. They are imperialistically conquering a land and killing the indigenous population. The Muslim faith is not alone in having crazy morons and ignorant martyrs amongst it's ranks.

Moving to Christianity; why don't we have this problem? Why are Christians not strapping bombs on themselves? Well, any Christian will tell you it's because Islam is 'of the devil,' which is laughable considering the Salem Witch Trials, The Spanish Inquisition, the mother flipping Crusades?!? I personally believe that the drastic (current day) difference in radicalism is multifaceted.
(Again, these are my personal opinions based on my limited experience in a few Islamic countries, I admit this may be way off)
1. The literacy level of a population - The countries I visited, it was extremely low (and as one resident explained to me) which allows for these radicals to misrepresent the Qur'an, and Muhammad's teachings.
2. The GDP of a nation - in lower income countries, radicalism (and any kind of organized crime/gang/syndicate) finds recruiting members and the process of brain-washing, or conditioning, them much easier.
3. Current world events - It's no secret that 'Murica has worn out it's welcome, and tarnished it's position as a 'good guy.' Simply put, we're easy to hate.

This is not to say that Christianity has no current radicals:

It is a problem that people fail to see the Bibles as whole units. They (cherry!?!?) pick verses either for their own ulterior motives or by innocent ignorance.

A very interesting (and extremely disturbing) documentary called "Jesus Camp" follows a freaking whack job of a pastor who indoctrinates small children to believe the most whacked out crap. I found it hard to watch (given my personal experience of being raised in a cult), and was just angered.

There exist others too, like the Westboro idiots who seem to only exist to spread hate and lies. While violence has not yet begun on a large scale, it's only a matter of time. The Klu-Klux-Klan (KKK) base their stupid ideals on Christianity. They honestly believe that Jesus was uber white (even though he was middle eastern...?) and hates black people. Satan made black people and it's their job to rid the earth of them.

Stupidity abounds everywhere you go. Islam is just the 'flavor of the century' because of current world economic and Geo-political conditions. Plus, 'Murica needs an enemy to keep the cash flowing to the Military Industrial Complex here.

Beliefs are complicated you know.

Indeed, but unnecessarily so. It reminds me of this joke I heard once.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, “Don't do it!”

He said, “Nobody loves me.” I said, “God loves you. Do you believe in God?”

He said, “Yes.” I said, “Are you a Christian or a Jew?”

He said, “A Christian.” I said, “Me too! Protestant or Catholic?”

He said, “Protestant.” I said, “Me too! What denomination?”

He said, “Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?”

He said, “Northern Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?”

He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist.” I said, “Me too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?”

He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region.” I said, “Me too!”

“Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879 or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?”

He said, “Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?” I said, “Die heretic!” And I pushed him over.

That about sums up religion, unfortunately.

I guess I jumped the gun when I called them heartless goons and I feel bad about it. Who knows, maybe they were misguided and an advice would work with them. Beliefs are complicated you know.

Why feel bad when you are entitled to express your opinions, whether other people like it or not is not your concern.

Cheers.

Disclaimer: :offtopic:

You're very welcome.

Now, an interesting thing to note here:

That's such a complicated study...

One word though, will quickly put Islamic radicals into perspective: Israel

Israel is committing genocide, plain and simple. They are imperialistically conquering a land and killing the indigenous population. The Muslim faith is not alone in having crazy morons and ignorant martyrs amongst it's ranks.

Moving to Christianity; why don't we have this problem? Why are Christians not strapping bombs on themselves? Well, any Christian will tell you it's because Islam is 'of the devil,' which is laughable considering the Salem Witch Trials, The Spanish Inquisition, the mother flipping Crusades?!? I personally believe that the drastic (current day) difference in radicalism is multifaceted.
(Again, these are my personal opinions based on my limited experience in a few Islamic countries, I admit this may be way off)
1. The literacy level of a population - The countries I visited, it was extremely low (and as one resident explained to me) which allows for these radicals to misrepresent the Qur'an, and Muhammad's teachings.
2. The GDP of a nation - in lower income countries, radicalism (and any kind of organized crime/gang/syndicate) finds recruiting members and the process of brain-washing, or conditioning, them much easier.
3. Current world events - It's no secret that 'Murica has worn out it's welcome, and tarnished it's position as a 'good guy.' Simply put, we're easy to hate.

This is not to say that Christianity has no current radicals:

A very interesting (and extremely disturbing) documentary called "Jesus Camp" follows a freaking whack job of a pastor who indoctrinates small children to believe the most whacked out crap. I found it hard to watch (given my personal experience of being raised in a cult), and was just angered.

There exist others too, like the Westboro idiots who seem to only exist to spread hate and lies. While violence has not yet begun on a large scale, it's only a matter of time. The Klu-Klux-Klan (KKK) base their stupid ideals on Christianity. They honestly believe that Jesus was uber white (even though he was middle eastern...?) and hates black people. Satan made black people and it's their job to rid the earth of them.

Stupidity abounds everywhere you go. Islam is just the 'flavor of the century' because of current world economic and Geo-political conditions. Plus, 'Murica needs an enemy to keep the cash flowing to the Military Industrial Complex here.

Indeed, but unnecessarily so. It reminds me of this joke I heard once.

That about sums up religion, unfortunately.

Just to not leave it in a cliff hanger (if I get the expression right) even though it is off topic; it is all about having an open mind and think rationally. People are people and they do the acts. As long as we manage our acts rationally, things are gonna be fine :)

I actually have so much to discuss about all that, but let's not turn a thread in a computer forum into religion and politics talk, or go further more off-topic :)

Why feel bad when you are entitled to express your opinions, whether other people like it or not is not your concern.

Cheers.

You can call it courtesy and consideration. Some times people do things out of misunderstanding and misinformation and wish they are given a second chance to fix it when they realized they were wrong. I believe those kind of people don't deserve bashing as it could fire back instead while a good word could make them rethink their actions and repent/fix it then I would have been the bad guy for preventing that with my harsh and irrational opinion expressed. They might at least apologize for it. We have a saying here that translates to "the damage of the word could be more harmful than the damage of the sword" and I have absolutely no idea how it accidentally rhymed similar to the original Arabic proverb :)

I do have to agree that people shouldn't judge Robin for his action of taking his own life. In certain cases God can forgive suicide if that person was suffering torment for long periods of time, and they has no choice but to end their suffering by taking their own life. We may never know what will happen to Robin Williams, but i just hope he was forgiven.His kids will now grow up without their dad.It must be so hard to lost a parent.I lost my father last year, but i am so greatlful that he got to live a long life of 93 years old.

This thread got too heavy for me, but I'd like to mention that I will forever remember Robin Williams for his role in Good Will Hunting. I'm not a religious man, but hopefully he is in a better place. That man did wonderful things for people without expecting anything other than their smile in return. By this, I mean not only his passion for comedy, but also his volunteer work with the troops.

The world is a worse place without Robin Williams.

This thread got too heavy for me, but I'd like to mention that I will forever remember Robin Williams for his role in Good Will Hunting. I'm not a religious man, but hopefully he is in a better place. That man did wonderful things for people without expecting anything other than their smile in return. By this, I mean not only his passion for comedy, but also his volunteer work with the troops.

The world is a worse place without Robin Williams.

Good will hunting is such a great film, he had such a talent for serious roles too.

Good will hunting is such a great film, he had such a talent for serious roles too.

I have to agree, Goodwill Hunting was an awesome movie. Another great movie of his is (What Dreams May Come). i just love that movie.

And David it's really good to see your still around man. I just came back recently and i'm here to stay. ;)

Back
Top Bottom