Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #21
Fully Optimized
Default Re: omg I'm slowly dieng here ><

Originally Posted by D-Lew View Post
I started working out to counteract it. I need to improve my health working in nuclear and all.

Besides, it's not like standing at a register all day is that much better for you.

And to tell you the truth, my job is the perfect mix of field work and office work. When I get tired of the computer, I get to go out into the plant and inspect modifications done to plant equipment.
Ah, ok. Well, I have never done register, and making or taking out the food during a fast time makes you move around a lot, I fast walk a lot. Maybe just in one general area, but it's still moving a lot. For taking out the food, you do get to move around a lot because you have to take the food to the tables and clean the lobby. I try to move pretty fast when doing that, during fast times you don't have much of a choice.

Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #22
Wizard of Wires
Default Re: omg I'm slowly dieng here ><

32 hours a week is considered part time work. Things are a lot different for part timers. Although it varies from state to state, it means you don't get breaks, including a meal break, or benefits. Unless your employer chooses to do so.
But minors are a whole different ball game. If you're in school, you must get a work permit. You can work I think up to 30 to 32 hours a week.
I'd also bet real money if you're under 18, that your handling alcohol is breaking some law.
As far as your legs bothering you, it's just part of the game. Get a hand truck.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote