Old Lady- Worlds fastest internet connection.

Sounds to me like they are just trying out some new technology and she is just a tester. Why they picked a lady that has never used a computer before...I don't know.

Probably because she isn't likely to download a couple of thousand pirate movies and thousands of mp3s!!

Yeah, but she also wouldn't test out the system... which is what they want?

Or... actually, they'll give that limit to all older people in 1 area, so that they can search e-mails all day, and it'll actually be cheaper for the broadband networks in the long run probably, so the more people checking e-mails, the shorter the bandwidth, but to make up for the bandwidth not being used at a given time, pop up's will be appearing all over the place :p

wowzers...

hey....I live out in the middle of nowhere like that old lady! maybe they will want to hook me up with some of the fast internets too;)

-Edit-
I love this AOL Translator ...I will now translate the above statement to possibly expedite the arrival of my internets:p

HAY I LIEV OUT IN DA MIDL3 OF NOWHERA LIEK TAHT OLD LADY!11!!!!1! OMG LOL MAYB THEY WIL WANT 2 HOK MA UP WIT SOM3 OF DA FAST INTERNETS 2

To be fair she's got a bandwitdh advantage so if you gave it to loads of other people it would eventually bottleneck and not seem as fast. To support these speeds for a large number of users youd need to make sure your core architecture was up to scratch other wise youd hit issues with bottlenecking and people not getting their full speeds.

Same problems with 24Mbps broadband on adsl right now, BT's phone network dates back to the big bang and is out of date so very few people see anything like close to 24mbps although theyre working on their 21st centuryy fiberoptic network which should solve the problem

I recently had Virgin 10meg, on trial, but it never got above 6meg, they contacted me about 2 weeks ago, asking if I wanted to trial the 20meg connection, but until they upgrade the cabling around my area its never going to get anywhere near it.

I ordered 8 meg from orange I only get 6 meg. I had 2 meg ebfore but upgrading cost nothing so i didnt mind.

i wish i lived near her just to piggy back off her net.
most i can pick up around here is a 4mb connection but its a real low signal and laptop needs to be in a real specific place.
my exchange much be real crap :(

Back
Top Bottom