Old Computer Ads

lol....i cant find the ad, but i remember seeing one with an ad for a 1gig hardrive
I bought a secondhand Amiga in 1960 that was 1mg!, yes that's not a mistake one meg, the old booklet said it was internet ready, they had to be kidding! :eek:, I just got it to play the loads of floppy disc games that came with it, how about that!

Oops sorreee!!, I was miles out, I got it after my wife died, so it'd be post 1997, there was an ad in the local paper, I paid £65, the collection of games that came with it totalled over 300! they were the old floppies, 3" x 3", but they were great fun there was even a Dr Who, you had to move him around avoiding monsters, there were even Daleks, dotted around were police boxes, so when he touched one, he disappeared & reappeared somewhere else very basic, but it amused me at the time.

nah don't sweat it ...37 years isn't that far out.
I'm sure you're not being sarcastic, when you lose someone so dear to you, the shock is almost too much, & it plays havoc with your mind, even now, nearly eleven years after, I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes thinking she's laying beside me.

I bought a secondhand Amiga in 1960 that was 1mg!, yes that's not a mistake one meg, the old booklet said it was internet ready, they had to be kidding! :eek:, I just got it to play the loads of floppy disc games that came with it, how about that!

Amiga's were not out in 1960.
The internet was not out in 1960. ARPANET didn't even exist till 1969. ARPANET is the predecessor to the Internet.

And I don't think the internet existed when we had Amiga's either.

EDIT: Internet didn't exist till 1990's, and Amiga's were made in 85.

Amiga's were not out in 1960.
The internet was not out in 1960. ARPANET didn't even exist till 1969. ARPANET is the predecessor to the Internet.

And I don't think the internet existed when we had Amiga's either.

EDIT: Internet didn't exist till 1990's, and Amiga's were made in 85.
I explained all that in post 16, where were you, having a nap?
bedtime2.gif

Back
Top Bottom