ok wtf is up with technical support for companies these days?

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
ok well i went to lexmark.com to talk to the chat thingy about when vista drivers for my printer are coming out. he just said to check that link. like why couldnt he just tell me? lazy

second, he wouldnt answer my question properly. are these people told to write/speak a specific way?

heres a transcript

[ivJohn Adamczyk] When are vista drivers coming out for the lexmark x6170?
[John] Welcome to Lexmark Chat Support.
[John] I shall help you with this issue.
[ivJohn Adamczyk] ok thanks
[John] Please click here to check all the Lexmark printers that are compatible with the vista drivers and the latest update of all the vista drivers in the website.

[ivJohn Adamczyk] ok it is saying that its coming out on april 30, is this guaranteed?
[John] Thats correct John.
[John] Is there anything else I could assist you with?
[ivJohn Adamczyk] yea i understand, but is there a chance that they may be delayed? because i really want to get to use my printer in windows vista
[John] I am glad to inform you that the drivers for this particular printer will be updated on 30 th of April
[ivJohn Adamczyk] ok obviously you are not understanding my question
[ivJohn Adamczyk] i am asking if there is a chance of the drivers taking LONGER THAN EXPECTED to be made
[John] I am sure that there will not be any delay about the date mentioned there by the lexmark
[ivJohn Adamczyk] ok thank you
[ivJohn Adamczyk] that is all i needed to ask
[John] Is there anything else I could assist you with?
[ivJohn Adamczyk] nope i didn't need anything else
[ivJohn Adamczyk] bye
[John] It's a pleasure helping you. Thanks for choosing Lexmark Chat Support. Have a Good Day.Please do complete the chat survey by clicking on the "End" tab, with overall 5 being the best, as this will help us to better our service. Thank you.
[John] Bye

are these people like in india that they do not understand simple questions?

i think they are just reading and copying note cards....

They are actually. It's an automated system. Although there is a person there, it's just a matter of clicking the right notes in regards to your question. My sister works at a center similar to this and all they do is type in an Index the relavency to your question and copy/paste what it says. it's all automated...

Of course their from India, i had a problem with HP a while back and everyone i spoke with was called John lol

Yeah that sucks, why can't they just type?

I did the tech support chat with Linksys one time and it was actually a guy typing and helping me. I know because it didn't look like that when he typed.

They can't be any worse than HP support. The person actually asked me how we use computers in igloos, seriously, people can't be that stupid to think that Canadians live in igloos. Plus, she didn't know what I was asking when I was asking whether or not my printer would operate on Vista (simple question) while I was waiting for my laptop...

...which I am typing from now. The keyboard is so confusing (its pushed to the right a bit to make room for the misplaced power button and little music controls) on my Toshiba Satellite A100-VA3.

Raffaz said:
Of course their from India, i had a problem with HP a while back and everyone i spoke with was called John lol
HP is actually pretty good at support....well a year ago they were :(

when i called, i got a nice canadian woman who helped me with everything. and when i called back, i got the same person :)

Back
Top Bottom