Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #11
BSOD

Default Re: Ok, what is the general consensus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Are you serious? Westwood only made ONE FPS, which is C&C Renegade. It followed the storyline of the original Command & Conquer which to this day is one of the most influential RTS games ever created.

How could you even say the EA ones are better? Have you ever played the first Command & Conquer? Red Alert? Tiberian Sun? Red Alert 2?

After EA bought out Westwood, they took the company downhill. Generals was just a mess and the expansion pack that ensued was even worse. They somewhat redeemed themselves with Tiberium Wars, but even that was nothing compared to the ones made by Westwood.

Yes, I've played almost every single Command & Conquer game.

You talk like you're one, but you aren't. So until you can walk the walk, stop talking. Maybe if you were actually a real Delta Force operator or an actual SWAT team member you would get more respect, but you're not. So stop acting like you're high and mighty and grow up.

As for C&C Generals, it's probably an enjoyable game in most people's point of view. However, from the perspective of an RTS enthusiast, Generals and Zero Hour were probably the biggest pieces of tard that ever carried the Command & Conquer branding.
Thank you for agreeing with me and putting this guy in his place. Rep increased.

The Westwood C&C games wipe the floor with the EA in house ones. Generals was never any good and EA put out a piece of turd expansion for it.

rot13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Ghost recon advanced warfighter is fun, Halo is fun. I dont have any realy favorites tho. I just like to play a variety now and then.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

FPS: Doom I and II, Half-Life series, Unreal Tournament series.
RTS: Starcraft.
RPG: Thats a tough one. No opinion.
Racing: Don't like 'em.

And about C&C.. I bought the collection. $20. And honestly... I think it's all crap. Every bit of it. I don't mean to be biased to starcraft.. but I can't stand them at all.

Then theres halo... that game is reaaaaallly good... for a console shooter. I still think anyone who says it stacks up to Half-Life or UT is just a fanboy. (not picking you out superman, just people who get defensive over it)
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #14
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

Quote:
Are you serious? Westwood only made ONE FPS, which is C&C Renegade. It followed the storyline of the original Command & Conquer which to this day is one of the most influential RTS games ever created.

How could you even say the EA ones are better? Have you ever played the first Command & Conquer? Red Alert? Tiberian Sun? Red Alert 2?

After EA bought out Westwood, they took the company downhill. Generals was just a mess and the expansion pack that ensued was even worse. They somewhat redeemed themselves with Tiberium Wars, but even that was nothing compared to the ones made by Westwood.

Yes, I've played almost every single Command & Conquer game.

You talk like you're one, but you aren't. So until you can walk the walk, stop talking. Maybe if you were actually a real Delta Force operator or an actual SWAT team member you would get more respect, but you're not. So stop acting like you're high and mighty and grow up.

As for C&C Generals, it's probably an enjoyable game in most people's point of view. However, from the perspective of an RTS enthusiast, Generals and Zero Hour were probably the biggest pieces of tard that ever carried the Command & Conquer branding.
your dissing me and neg repping me because im voicing my opnion and how am acting like i have power, i said stop arguing to ME not anyone else i think i can say to stop arguing to me, im sorry i made a mistake and thought there were more FPS,

unbelivable
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:27 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to -Paul- Send a message via MSN to -Paul-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
Which PC game is THE best one released. I know you can't really say what game is the best seeing as how all of them are different, so here are categories:

For me:

FPS: HL/CS:S
Tactical Shooters: CoD 1
Racing: ?
RPG: Oblivion
RTS: ?

Best game overall: CS:S
FPS: BF2
Tactical Shooters: FEAR
Racing: Forza
-Paul- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:27 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by rot13 View Post
Thank you for agreeing with me and putting this guy in his place. Rep increased.

The Westwood C&C games wipe the floor with the EA in house ones. Generals was never any good and EA put out a piece of turd expansion for it.
Agreed. Thank god I didn't buy Zero Hour.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #17
muz
Golden Master

Hey thets all just chiil out a minute . This thread is about opinions , and whenever we get a thread about this people usualy start all the arguments cos they dont agree with someone elses opinion .
Heres an idea , if you dont agree with what someone else is saying then deal with it . Dont attack someone else cos you dont agree with them
This thread was about what you find the best not dissing someone else cos they disagree with you
Old 08-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Paul- View Post
FPS: BF2
Tactical Shooters: FEAR
Racing: Forza
Doh! I forgot about FEAR. Very worthy mention.
Quote:
Agreed. Thank god I didn't buy Zero Hour.
I didn't really like the old C&C games.. but generals was terrible...
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #19
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
Hey thets all just chiil out a minute . This thread is about opinions , and whenever we get a thread about this people usualy start all the arguments cos they dont agree with someone elses opinion .
Heres an idea , if you dont agree with what someone else is saying then deal with it . Dont attack someone else cos you dont agree with them
This thread was about what you find the best not dissing someone else cos they disagree with you
agreed i try to stop people from arguing but they argue with me because im on a "power trip" and i dont have "respect"
i think ive been here long enough to earn some respect dont you say
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:36 PM   #20
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote