ok well I want to take my laptop to school

sounds like you guys go to some "not nice schools" :(
at my old school i would worry about this, but thats because we were all younger. my current one rarely gets stealing, and in our usual "hang out" theres usually some people in there at all times so they can just keep watch :p

I wouldn't bring a laptop to my school. The people there aren't mature AT ALL, most people regardless of grade level act like 4th graders and all they care about is football. I wouldn't bring it because they'd be like "oh a flat screen, look what it does when i touch it!!!1!!1111!!!" or they'd ask annoying questions like "why are you bringing it to school?" I don't know what you're like but I like to just be left alone and do my work without being interrupted.

PDF versions of books are awesome though! my history book is PDF so I don't have to bring that big ole thing home.

I wouldn't bring a laptop to my school. The people there aren't mature AT ALL, most people regardless of grade level act like 4th graders and all they care about is football. I wouldn't bring it because they'd be like "oh a flat screen, look what it does when i touch it!!!1!!1111!!!" or they'd ask annoying questions like "why are you bringing it to school?" I don't know what you're like but I like to just be left alone and do my work without being interrupted.

PDF versions of books are awesome though! my history book is PDF so I don't have to bring that big ole thing home.

well im in the enhanced program (its a different name for gifted program) and i dont think people would be goin "o_O a FLATSCREEN!!!11!!" lol

but yea you've hit the nail on the head about the other classes "all they care about is football and they act like 4th graders" thing.

sounds like you guys go to some "not nice schools" :(
at my old school i would worry about this, but thats because we were all younger. my current one rarely gets stealing, and in our usual "hang out" theres usually some people in there at all times so they can just keep watch :p
There's no such thing as a "nice" high school. :p

There's no such thing as a "nice" high school. :p
lol well my 6th form is ok. theres younger kids there aswell but i dont really notice them much, they do their own thing. i can just leave stuff lying about and it will still be there.

well im in the enhanced program (its a different name for gifted program) and i dont think people would be goin "o_O a FLATSCREEN!!!11!!" lol

but yea you've hit the nail on the head about the other classes "all they care about is football and they act like 4th graders" thing.

I was in a college level programming course at my other school until I moved away halfway through the semester, they were very mature and intelligent kids. Here, all they talk about is football and behave horrible. You'd think that at ages 15-18 people would do what the teacher asks them, but apparently not. I can't see any of these kids with a laptop without doing something stupid. At my other school there was such a diverse crowd of people that it really balanced itself out, but here it's not at all diverse and there is still the issue of blacks vs. whites although it's not as big as it was in the 60's it's still existent unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom