Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis
Default Re: Ok, well I come back and read this:

Rudster, I try to be as fair as I could. I don't care if some people don't like me. I am saying that compman100 misunderstood the situation and said that I banned monks because of the post. I banned monks because he had 4 accounts, two of which were already banned.

I am just saying that I am willing to talk to compman100 and sort out what happened.

Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #22
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
Rudster, I try to be as fair as I could. I don't care if some people don't like me. I am saying that compman100 misunderstood the situation and said that I banned monks because of the post. I banned monks because he had 4 accounts, two of which were already banned.

I am just saying that I am willing to talk to compman100 and sort out what happened.
your a good mod, dont let anyone else say differently, or ill have words

Old 09-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #23
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

Hahaha! Thanks for that dude_se. I am trying to get better, and I just don't like injustice, so I feel that if compman100 could explain the situation and why he said the things he said then he shouldn't be punished so severely.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #24
Golden Master

yep i agree ^
considering youve been a mod for so little time and youve had no past experience (i think) i think your great, just like when celegorm became a mod. in fact all the mods are great. if we ever have a cf meetup ill get the drinks in
in confused about this whole situation anyway, i usually miss this kind of stuff then later on i dont have a clue what anyones talking about
Old 09-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #25
Golden Master

Ok, so basically this is what happened.

Monksgeorge posted a thread advertising his forum in the Social Lounge. I moved it for him and told him not to advertise. Everything was fine, until later that night I realized that I had seen something with monksgeorge in the members list. Celegorm and I searched for his name in the mod database, and we got four results. They were all either Monksgeorge22 or georgemonks22. Two of the four were banned. Double accounts is against the rules, and since two were already banned, he was obviously told. I took the liberty of banning him because first off, he advertised multiple times and second off, he created multiple accounts even after his first ones were banned.

Now, like two weeks later, some new guy compman100 posts saying that I am a bad mod and I abuse my power. People ask for proof and he says this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerman100 View Post
ok

this is what i found from a member that got banned
I am going to move this thread to advertising. You are not asking of an opinion, you are just promoting your forum.
I am banning you.

Sorry,
Thel
Now, in the original post I did not say that I was banning monksgeorge. In fact the original post was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
I am going to move this thread to advertising. You are not asking of an opinion, you are just promoting your forum.

Sorry,
Thel
So as you see compman100 decided to add a little extra SPUNK to my post. Arrizx banned him, and now I just want to figure out what led compman100 to say what he did.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #26
Golden Master

oh ok that clears it up, compman100 wasnt banned for that though was he ^ ?
or did you just want to talk to him on aim to find out why he said it
Old 09-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #27
Golden Master

Arrizx banned him for lying to the community and adding malicious content to my post. If I was here I wouldn't have banned compman100 until I could talk to him, but it doesn't really matter now.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #28
muz
Golden Master

Hey man its a bit late but i am sure you noticed everyone defended you there and you are a great mod , never had any problems with any of the mods but one of them but lets not discuss that here ,
At the moment you are a great mod and i cant see anything wrong with what you are doing ,
however you should be prepared for critisism on what you are doing ,
if you do something i dont like i will tell you , depending upon the nature of what i dont agree with by PM or in the forum , and thats the same for all mods and members if i dont agree with something they are doing or saying i tell them and i hope you guys would do the same for me
Old 09-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #29
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompMan View Post
lol. Its okay ahyoka. its OK!
thanks for the encouraging words dude...but unfortunately those words won't hug away my night terrors lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
It's because of the area, not the man im sure

Aren't you a firefighter?
thanks Chris, I like to think your right since it is pretty rural here lol and yep I'm a volunteer firefighter

Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote