Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-22-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Oh wow.

McDonalds, Chuck E Cheese, Discovery Zone... Some of you might not be parents, but you may have nieces, nephews, grandchildren or friends with children. This will pertain to you too. As I read the following, my heart sank. I urge each and every one of you to pass this on to as many people as you can. I cannot stress how important this is!

This is very disturbing news. In addition to the following true story...
One son lost his watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in those balls, trying to find the watch.

Instead, we found vomit, food, feces, and other stuff I do not want to discuss. I went to the manager and raised hell. Come to find out, the ball pit is only cleaned out once a month. I have doubts that it is even done that often. My kids will never play in another ball pit. Now read this:

Hi. My name is Lauren Archer, my son Kevin and I lived in Midland,TN. On October 2nd, 1999 I took my only son to McDonald's for his 3rd birthday.

After he finished lunch, I allowed him to play in the ball pit. When he started whining later on, I asked him what was wrong, he pointed to the back of his pull-up and simply said "Mommy, it hurts." I couldn't find anything wrong with him at that time. I bathed him when we got home, and it was at that point when I found a welt on his left buttock. Upon investigating, it seemed as if there was something like a splinter under the welt. I made an appointment to see the doctor the next day, but soon
he started vomiting and shaking, then his eyes rolled back intohis

From there, we went to the emergency room. He died later that night. It turned out that the welt on his buttock was the tip of a hypodermic needle that had broken off inside. The autopsy revealed that Kevin had died from a heroine overdose. The next week, the police removed the balls from the ball pit. There was rotten food, several hypodermic needles: some full, some used; knives, half-eaten candy, diapers, feces, and the stench of urine.

If a child is not safe in a child's play area then where? You can find the article on Kevin Archer in the October 10,1999 issue of the Midland Chronicle.

Please forward this to all loving mothers, fathers and anyone who loves and cares for children!

Don't think it's just McDonald's either or that this is something that just started. When my oldest son who is now 9 was small the area Burger King closed their play area for awhile for "remodeling" because in another town there had been an incident similar to the one described above that happen @ a Burger King.

A little boy had been playing in a ball pit & started complaining of his legs hurting. He later died too. He was found to have snake bites all over his legs & buttocks. When they cleaned the ball pit they found that there was a copperhead nest in the ball pit. He had suffered numerous bites from a very poisonous snake.

Repost this if it scares the shit out of you! Repost this if you care about our kids!!!

In Florida and other places on the East Coast a group of people are putting HIV/AIDS infected and filled needles underneath gas pump handles, so when someone reaches to pick it up and put gas in their car, they get stabbed with it. 16 people have been a victim of this crime so far and 10 tested HIV positive. Instead of posting that stupid crap about how your love life will suck for years to come of you don't re-post, post this. It's important to inform people, even if you don't drive, a family member might, and what if they were next? CHECK UNDER THE HANDLE BEFORE YOU GRAB IT!!! IT MIGHT SAVE YOUR LIFE! Tell as many people as you can about this serious issue, Repost with the title: ***IMPORTANT NEWS
Off of myspace.

True or not who knows? The snakes I highly doubt.

But might as well spread the word. Damn..

. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:31 AM   #2
Daemon Poster
Send a message via MSN to Toby Send a message via Yahoo to Toby
Default Re: Oh wow.

That's pretty scary when you think about it.

But how many of these things are ever true? Not a lot, if any.

Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook 120GB 5400RPM SATA HDD, 500GB 7200RPM SATA External HDD, DVD+-RW, DVD+-RW External, Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GhZ, 2GB DDR2-667MhZ Dual Channel SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GO 7900 GS 256MB Single-Pipe.
TinyXP Rev05, PerfectDisk, TuneUp Utilities, Window Washer, Nod32, Bo-Clean, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, Spyware Blaster, Comodo Firewall Pro.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
Golden Master
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:06 AM   #4
Golden Master

It was a hoax guys, click on mammi's link, what a thoroughly lousy thing to do!
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:04 AM   #5
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to jac006

Still, better to be cautious than "whoops!". Know what I mean? exactly....
Macbook Pro and Logitech z5500s. All you really need.
jac006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:11 AM   #6
Site Team

I don't think it would be that bad, HOWEVER, I did find in that ball pit, when I was young, a pack of gum...full.

Maybe money...and lots of it can be hiding there.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #7
Golden Master
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

I can believe some of the other stuff, but not the kid dying from the needle.

I mean, c'mon, kids jumping around in a ball pit right after eating? They puke and have accidents in there, that I can believe. I know it's not sanitary.

Thats disgusting, I never thought of that before. I used to play in ball pits when I was young.
When all else fails...Ham Radio!

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:08 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

Woahh..i can believe most of the other stuff like diapers feces etc..but not a hyperdurmic needle or snakes... but we all know it cant be sanitary unless they clean it every day probably.
Thermaltake ARMOR/ mATX intelG33 Motherboard/4gb G.SKILL High Gaming Performance ddr2-1200/Radeon 3870 1gb edition/850w Thermaltake superduty psu

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #9
Baseband Member

That is some scary crap. I have a little sister who plays in ball pits. NEVER AGAIN. Thanks for posting.
computer geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #10
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Definatly a false story.. Though an incident like that is not impossible.. personally, i'd be more freaked out over people placing needles under gas pump handles.. but then again, with how closely those are monitored, if someone tried to do that and someone did get stabbed, they would be on their ass fast, ESPESCIALLY if they bought gas using their credit card..

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote