oh what will microsoft do next...

Nope, this ruling will only affect you if your on AMERICAN SOIL. So guess what if your not on America Soil this law, doesn't affect you. I believe Germany doesn't activelty hunt down and chase priates like America does and I would imagine a german judge ignoring the case so i'm safe :)

As a guy put it to me once, the only piece of software taht isn't crackable is the one that doesn't exist. Example if Micrsoft relieased this patch we'd have a crack to remove it so quickly it wouldn't be funny. Its estimated 50% of ISPs bandwiths now are going to bitorrents, so um could you imagine the list of poeple they'd have to sue?

john123 said:
why cant we all just peacefully switch to linux/mac os x?

Because no games work for Linux unless you emulate or do some exploits, and I've gotten bored of Halo and Doom 3 so Mac OS X is a no-no for me.

Dam, I hate Microsoft for all the stuff it does i.e. that stuff above and asking users to pay for virus protection that should come with the operating system. Can't move away from i though 'cuz I don't have a mac and loads of the software I use dosen't run on Linux. Glad I'm not affected by it though, being in the UK and all... Sad thing is though all the people who don't look at what updates are being installed and theose who don't know how to use a crack will just live with it.

Since were talking about microsoft, has anyone got that damn flashdrive yet? WTF its been so long. It would actually come in use for me right now, I need to hand in a project thats a jpeg ( the newspaper) and I will burn it to a cd, if I had that damn flash drive it would be so much easier..Sorry to steal the thread

negatory. but once we get it, we will have to figure out if we can un-protect it, so we can actually use it. (microsoft wouldn't want us to thant now.)

Yeah its not going to come locked man..We need to get it first and then worry about the other crap. Even though its only 16mb shit I still want it, its good for school documents.

Back
Top Bottom