Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #61
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: The official crysis thread!

Wow, I've took my computer to my mates, because I'm staying here for a bit, and running off a CRT with adaptive resolution, unlike an LCD.

At 800x600, it even looks good, and running the game in Very High Settings in the XP hack, and with 2x Antialising, and guess what? 25fps ALL the time, except in really intensive situations and it drops to 18fps, but thats great!
I think I'll complete it while I'm here, because unlike an LCD, I don't have to have it running in a smaller window mode to get a full screen effect

Going to try it at 1024x768 at 0x and then 2x:

Well at 0x at 1024x768 = 22-18fps
At 2x, 17-15fps

I think I'll run it at 1024x768 0x

I'm also using the Motion Blur setting, set this to 4 in XP which also simulates the guns motion blur and stuff, which you only usually get when set to 3 in Vista.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:20 PM   #62
Golden Master

Started playing the game last night, and I must say I'm impressed. I never really had very high expectations for Crysis, but when it got a 9.5 at Gamespot I had to check it out. Gameplay is much better than I expected, and graphics are just as good as I thought they would be.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #63
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to mongoman

wow played it at my cousins yesterday

he has a 2.6ghz amd atlon x2, 2gigs ddr2 800mhz, radeon x1600 pro, 250gig hdd and he can run it at medium. game runs excellent 30-50 fps and the gameplay is awsome, i got owned online tho
Old 12-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #64
Golden Master

I've been running in Ultra High settings with the hack on XP, at 1024x768, with 0xaa on his CRT while I've been at my mates, and I've just completed it!!!

Got to say that, even though it has its faults at the moment, it sure leaves you feeling satisfied for the moment. Very nice game!
The hype was definietly notified, and merited anyway.

I wish the music was slightly better, and more catchy, but if you heard the main tune after, you'd recognise it as being from the game straight away. Game music tends to help me get drawn in... don't know why really.
But it means that the sound track CD I got, unless it contains extra tracks isn't really useful to me.

I know it took me a while to complete (I've had it since day release here in the UK), but I tend to be more of a casual gamer, but I always try to complete them sometime

I don't think I'll bother with the online function of it though

Now, I guess I'll try and finish completing MOH Airborne I still haven't done (another enjoyable shooter).
Old 12-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #65
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice

Hm... do you think I can play crysis wit my specs?
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:36 PM   #66
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Hm... do you think I can play crysis wit my specs?
Probably on low settings...reduce the resolution as well.

EDIT: Actually, the minimum is a 6800GT, so I'm not sure...I'm gonna have to say no though.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #67
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

MOHA is short too. Shouldn't take that many days to finish it.
I think I finished it in under a week, playing every now and then.

edit: Probably won't run that well on a 8300GS. It will run, but the fps will probably be a bit too low for you to really enjoy the game. If you want to make sure, download the demo.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:07 AM   #68
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
I've been running in Ultra High settings with the hack on XP, at 1024x768, with 0xaa on his CRT while I've been at my mates, and I've just completed it!!!

Got to say that, even though it has its faults at the moment, it sure leaves you feeling satisfied for the moment. Very nice game!

I wish the music was slightly better, and more catchy, but if you heard the main tune after, you'd recognise it as being from the game straight away. Game music tends to help me get drawn in... don't know why really.
But it means that the sound track CD I got, unless it contains extra tracks isn't really useful to me.

I know it took me a while to complete (I've had it since day release here in the UK), but I tend to be more of a casual gamer, but I always try to complete them sometime

Now, I guess I'll try and finish completing MOH Airborne I still haven't done (another enjoyable shooter).
post lots of screenshots!!!
unless you have 56K?
Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #69
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post

Thats why CRTs own. You simply can't get away with that on some fancy 1680x1050 resolution widescreen LCD.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #70
Golden Master

MOHA I've had since it came out almost, and yet, I still haven't completed it, but I don't play games every day, so I've been playing it on and off. Really enjoyable though, so I've definietly got the money's worth out of it

Haha, I have saved a couple of screenshots if you'd like to see, and I guess they aren't really spoilers...

You don't have to click them if you don't want.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...metoachair.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...e/lastshot.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...peopleshot.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...actermodel.jpg

So yeah, I was playing in that quality all the way through