Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-29-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
In Runtime
 
Sinonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 424
Send a message via AIM to Sinonymous
Question Odd Discovery on my Alias

Okay I found these weird hidden menus on my samsung alias. I went into my setting and tools to check some info on my phone because it has been acting up lately which i would press the no.9 on my phone but my thumb missed and hit the # sign. A screen came up instead saying 'User Lock' and I punched in the standard phone code of 000000 and a whole list of opitions that aren't usually available popped up such as: Debug Screen, Test Calls, Voice SO, Port Map, Force Mode, Pref Mode, Clear Session, Throughput Test, Bluetooth, SATS Mode, Memory Tracker, Graphics, and Trouble Shooting. Does anyone know what this is all about? I personally am kinda shocked I found this. There is also another Service Programming menu if you press * instead of # but I'm afraid to go in there.
__________________

__________________
Diglett get off that chair! You'll scare the neighbors because that doesn't make sense.
Sinonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
LukaszR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,833
Send a message via MSN to LukaszR
Default Re: Odd Discovery on my Alias

thats weird. I've never seen anything like that with the phones i've had. I would go into the lock mode, then put in the code and it'd bring me back to my home screen.
Kinda weird how you got a whole bunch of menus, maybe you should go to your provider and mind out if thats normal. Or do a google search and see if anyone else got the same thing you did.
__________________

__________________
Desktop - DualBoot: Fedora 15/Windows 7 64bit
Netbook - Windows 7 Professional

www.Cyber-Talk.ca League of Legends and Gaming Community
LukaszR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
j03
~~~~~~~~
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 5,556
Send a message via MSN to j03
Default Re: Odd Discovery on my Alias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringdapain View Post
Okay I found these weird hidden menus on my samsung alias. I went into my setting and tools to check some info on my phone because it has been acting up lately which i would press the no.9 on my phone but my thumb missed and hit the # sign. A screen came up instead saying 'User Lock' and I punched in the standard phone code of 000000 and a whole list of opitions that aren't usually available popped up such as: Debug Screen, Test Calls, Voice SO, Port Map, Force Mode, Pref Mode, Clear Session, Throughput Test, Bluetooth, SATS Mode, Memory Tracker, Graphics, and Trouble Shooting. Does anyone know what this is all about? I personally am kinda shocked I found this. There is also another Service Programming menu if you press * instead of # but I'm afraid to go in there.
A Lot of phones have these. There is a special combination on Sony Erricsons, Nokias, and even iPods. They are fun to have a mess around with
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
Wizard of Wires
 
setishock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Not sure
Posts: 10,030
Default Re: Odd Discovery on my Alias

That menu is for setting up the phone. Techs also use it to trouble shoot problems. It's supposed to be there.
Don't change any of the settings.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Odd Discovery on my Alias

I would imagine that is like the safe mode for the technicians who repair your phone to use. Pretty interesting, but leave it be.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #6
Daemon Poster
 
nevermind1534's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 754
Default Re: Odd Discovery on my Alias

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaszR View Post
thats weird. I've never seen anything like that with the phones i've had. I would go into the lock mode, then put in the code and it'd bring me back to my home screen.
Kinda weird how you got a whole bunch of menus, maybe you should go to your provider and mind out if thats normal. Or do a google search and see if anyone else got the same thing you did.
That was your 2,222nd post.
__________________
Your PC Forums - yourpcforums.org
nevermind1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
LukaszR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,833
Send a message via MSN to LukaszR
Default Re: Odd Discovery on my Alias

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
That was your 2,222nd post.
did even notice that LOL
__________________
Desktop - DualBoot: Fedora 15/Windows 7 64bit
Netbook - Windows 7 Professional

www.Cyber-Talk.ca League of Legends and Gaming Community
LukaszR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
Fully Optimized
 
vampist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: Odd Discovery on my Alias

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
I would imagine that is like the safe mode for the technicians who repair your phone to use. Pretty interesting, but leave it be.
Not exactly.. There is a lot of things in there that are fun to mess with just be careful you press the wrong buttons and you can screw your phone up. Such as mobile web services.
I know the LG phones have a menu like this.
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: Odd Discovery on my Alias

That looks cool. Try the debug option! you'd have to be careful though
__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #10
In Runtime
 
Sinonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 424
Send a message via AIM to Sinonymous
Default Re: Odd Discovery on my Alias

The debug option brings up a to of weird numbers its cool though.
__________________

__________________
Diglett get off that chair! You'll scare the neighbors because that doesn't make sense.
Sinonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« hi | Kaboom!!! »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0