Occupy Madison!

superman22x

Golden Master
Few Pictures I took while in Madison for Freak Fest. The Occupy protestors were around too.

100_0492.jpg

100_0503.jpg

100_0498.jpg

100_0494.jpg

100_0501.jpg

100_0509.jpg

100_0508.jpg

314451_302553879756785_100000065276168_1275793_368978782_n.jpg

It was a good time. I talked to some 9/11 conspirator as well:
"Have you ever looked into the truth about the twin towers?" -conspiracy man
"Yes, and as an engineer, I have to say, buildings are often times not designed to withstand the impact of a 747 and thousands of gallons of jet fuel exploding instantly." - Me
"But why would the building fall straight down?" - Conspiracy man
"Well, gravity acts downwards... If it fell up, would you believe it was terrorists?" - Me
"..." - HIM.

Hah, I like the bit at the end. Every single conspiracy theory has been a thousand times refuted, but they still choose to believe it. I see you're not taking the Occupy stuff to seriously then? :p

9/11. They think thermite was used because there's no det cord or naything, but the thermite residue found was probably the aircraft chassis melting with the steel girders in the intense heat of the aviation fuel fire. Plus, the buildings didn't fall down that cleanly, I mean; you only have to watch the footage of the streets below to see that they fell on just about everything else. And it would have taken days of being undetected in the towers to set up enough demolition equipment to bring down those buildings, who wouldn't notice several teams of engineers wiring explosive to the building's supporting beams (most of which were inaccessible due to being incased in concrete.)

A government plot involving thousands of co-conspirators and years of potential preparation time, dozens of demolition crews, co-conspiring civil engineers, fire and police services and engineers; 5 Boeing 747s and several airlines is much more plausible than a infamous middle-eastern terrorist group who hate the west flying some stolen planes into them. And why do they think the government did this? so they can start a war that they cannot afford to fight in a country they don't care about to get oil that isn't there. Well, it is there but it's in private hands.

Eh, I'm part of the 53% that pays taxes and realizes that if I throw crap at police they will throw teargas back...

I loved the bit at the end!

Darkseeker, well put! Maybe they did it so they could say how Muslims hate America too... That seems to be what Fox news loves to tell us at least. That it was a religious attack, not cause we pissed them off.
Another reason it makes sense that it was Osama, he did it before in 1993, but failed.

Yeah, I don't take the protests too seriously. I think it's great we are demanding change. But they don't really have the best way of doing so or any clear goals. Plus there are too many idiots in the group.

That's me with the Baba Booey sign, and my friend with the Mortal Kombat sign, haha. Someone brought a few sharpies and extra poster boards, so... we used them.

Whats the point of this whole "Occupy 'X'" thing? I see it almost every where nowadays and never figured out what they were doing. Are they just random protests?

Whats the point of this whole "Occupy 'X'" thing? I see it almost every where nowadays and never figured out what they were doing. Are they just random protests?

For the first week or so, they were mainly wanting corporate accountability. After that, it basically turned into a bunch of anti-rich nonsense, combined with whatever other random ideas the protesters have.

They went about pretty much everything wrong. If they wanted to be taken seriously as a movement, they should have released a coherent and realistic set of demands within the first day or so of protests, then cooperated with authorities when necessary.

It started on Wallstreet, and they wanted to get Wall Street money out of gov't. They're pissed that 1% of the population essentially controls everything with their money, promoting their businesses inturn creating more money for them at our expense. But there are also Tea Partiers mixed in along with lots of other demands and what not. A lot of them have a very weak understanding of politics. There are forums, but they have a lot of trolls now. I browse them at work when I get bored sometimes.

Public Forum | OccupyWallSt.org

Darkseeker, well put! Maybe they did it so they could say how Muslims hate America too... That seems to be what Fox news loves to tell us at least. That it was a religious attack, not cause we pissed them off.
Another reason it makes sense that it was Osama, he did it before in 1993, but failed.

Yeah, I don't take the protests too seriously. I think it's great we are demanding change. But they don't really have the best way of doing so or any clear goals. Plus there are too many idiots in the group.

That's me with the Baba Booey sign, and my friend with the Mortal Kombat sign, haha. Someone brought a few sharpies and extra poster boards, so... we used them.

Comspiracy theorists are almost religious in their belief that their government is trying to screw them over in every aspect of life - regardless of how many times it's all been refuted by engineers, politicians, philosphers and so on. Hundreds of independent reports have been done on the 9/11 attacks, not a single professional report has even hinted at an inside job (obviously, not government-run contractors who did them). and what about the planes that crashed? would they crash UA flight 97 for no reason just to make it look like not all the planes made it? lol

And like you say, Al-Qaeda have already attacked the world trade centre before, by placing an IED in the carpark under the tower, hoping to bring it down but failing.

The plane hit the north tower about 3/4 of the way up, so there was still 110,000T or so of building ontop of where the plane was, and the steel girders heated up and buckled, allowing this part of the building to shift downwards. Once you've got 110,000 tonnes of conrete and steel ploughing towards the ground, ain't nothing gonna stop it. And it took the rest of the building with it.

The plane hit the north tower about 3/4 of the way up, so there was still 110,000T or so of building ontop of where the plane was, and the steel girders heated up and buckled, allowing this part of the building to shift downwards. Once you've got 110,000 tonnes of conrete and steel ploughing towards the ground, ain't nothing gonna stop it. And it took the rest of the building with it.

Melting point of typical structural steel: 2750ºF
Jet fuel burns at 1517ºF

Not wanting to turn this into yet another 9/11 thread, but jet fuel wasn't the only thing burning. :p

Back
Top Bottom