The OC

freestyler105

Golden Master
Anyone here watch The O.C.? Before you flip out and call me a little girl, go watch the entire first season. It's so good. The difference between this and Laguna Beach is that it's actually funny. Go ahead, give me negative rep, call me a fag, whatever, I still love the show.

For anyone who does follow it, what'd you think of the Season 4 Premiere on Thursday? I thought it was alright, but could've been better. Good ending, too.

And read this review from Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/O-C-Complete-First-Season/dp/B0002V7TZQ
Amazon.com
It looked like a standard teen soap on the outside, but once you scratched the surface of the glittery, sun-dappled Fox drama The O.C., you'd find underneath a number of surprisingly well-developed characters, fun plots that played around with their soap conventions, and some of the wittiest dialogue this side of an Aaron Sorkin show. The setup was pure high concept: hunky, brooding Ryan (Benjamin McKenzie) was a good kid from Chino starting to go bad, and thanks to the interference of his lawyer, Sandy Cohen (Peter Gallagher), finds himself whisked away from the wrong side of the tracks to the mansions and manicured lawns of Orange County. Soon, Ryan finds himself living in the Cohens' pool house, involved with troubled rich girl Marissa (Mischa Barton), and bristling against the societal confines of his new home, as the people may be richer but they're just as screwed up as anyone else. Still, somehow, he manages to bring out the humanity of the superficial people around him, and they become all the better for knowing him.

Okay, enough with the Beverly Hills, 90210 scenario--what The O.C. turned out to be was the most addictive TV soap in recent memory, and one with a brain to boot. Smarter than Melrose Place, sexier than 90210, funnier than Felicity, and not as enamored of itself as Dawson's Creek, The O.C. reveled in clever and hilarious dialogue (the pilot episode earned a WGA nomination) and quirky, eccentric characters. Most noteworthy was breakout star Adam Brody, who as Ryan's geeky newfangled brother-type Seth practically stole the teen heartthrob mantle away from Russell Crowe-lookalike McKenzie. Barton was a bit of a blank as the troubled Marissa, but her best pal, the blissfully superficial Summer, was played by Rachel Bilson as the perfect supporting character in a dizzy farce. And the adults, especially Gallagher and Kelly Rowan as the supportive Cohens, grounded the other half of the show in you know, like, maturity. Not that The O.C. ever forgot the fun that was to be had in TV-land, as most every other episode ended with a fistfight or someone falling into a pool--sometimes both. Here was a soap you could purely enjoy without guilt. --Mark Englehart

You aren't the only one. I also love The O.C. I've watched it from day one. But i LOVED the premier of this season (i thought it was sweet when he kicked that big guy's ass at the end). I really hope this season is better than last, by the looks of the premier i think it will be a pretty good season.

Episode 2 is up on myspace, but i haven't watched it yet because it doesn't work on firefox 2.0 and it's all choppy on IE. I heard that episode was also good, though.

I hope Ryan kicks Volcoks ass sooo bad. He deserves it. And wtf is up with Summer? That's pretty weird stuff.

Anyway, when Ryan goes after Volchok, how do you think he's gonna do it? Will Ryan kill him or will he just screw him up really bad? And is he gonna fight him or use a gun? I don't think he'll kill him. Ryan doesn't seem like he would do that, but he's pretty pissed about this. You could tell that the reason he was boxing was to let off his steam about Marissa.

Hmm, I'm watching Episode 2 right now, and it's not choppy...
Using IE because none of my extensions and addons for media players aren't installed.

I would buy it on DVD, but the price is outrageous. It's like $70 for a season. Maybe if it was under 50. I just leave my torrents on overnight, so it's not a problem ;) I always feel bad when my connection isn't in use...

The OC was decent for the first season. Then it went to hell after that.

Laguna Beach is just retarded. A waste of TV broadcasting.

The OC reminds me of 90210 and Melrose Place. After watching the first few episodes, I stopped watching it. Now I'm hooked on the new season of "Smallville". Brainiac was introduced for the first time!!!

I just watched the second episode online. It was amazing!! Can't wait to watch it again next week on television.

freestyler105 said:
I just watched the second episode online. It was amazing!! Can't wait to watch it again next week on television.

i really wanna watch it, maybe it will work today, i think ill try again

freestyler105 said:
I hope Ryan kicks Volcoks ass sooo bad. He deserves it. And wtf is up with Summer? That's pretty weird stuff.

Anyway, when Ryan goes after Volchok, how do you think he's gonna do it? Will Ryan kill him or will he just screw him up really bad? And is he gonna fight him or use a gun? I don't think he'll kill him. Ryan doesn't seem like he would do that, but he's pretty pissed about this. You could tell that the reason he was boxing was to let off his steam about Marissa.

yeah i dont think he'll intentionally kill him, but i can definitely see them getting into a major fight and maybe ryan going too far?

idk i guess we'll just have to trust the writers

Back
Top Bottom