Originally Posted by Dark Night
Why I like McCain:
1. John McCain would strengthen our alliances, keep America safe, and enhance American prosperity by expanding trade.
2. John McCain had the courage to call for a change in strategy that is now succeeding.
3. John McCain will lower barriers to trade. Ninety-five percent of the world's customers are outside of our borders and we need to be at the table when the rules for access to those markets are written.
4. John McCain is committed to and has long fought for restoring fiscal discipline by eliminating wasteful government spending.
5. John McCain will break from the past to lead a great national campaign to put us on a course for energy independence.
6. John McCain understands the threat posed to America by violent Islamic extremists and has the judgment and experience necessary to lead our country to success in this struggle
7. John McCain is committed to keeping taxes low, as well as making the tax code fairer and flatter.
8. John McCain will look for accomplished men and women with a proven record of excellence in the law and a proven commitment to judicial restraint
9. John McCain will make health care more available, affordable and responsive to patients.
10. Only John McCain has a record of working to end Washington's stagnant, unproductive partisanship.
11. John McCain will initiate far-reaching reforms in almost every area of government policy recognizing that many of government's policies and institutions have failed.
1. His idea of keeping America safe is flawed. Invading Iraq was an idea to establish a positive western influence in the middle east, which highly failed. Invading country's DOES NOT keep American safe.
2. What working strategy? The US is hated worldwide and if they are talking about Iraq, its been a failure.
3. Lower barriers of trade, Their's little to no barriers for exporting, but many barriers for importing. This basically means even more crap from China! Turning America into an even more consumer country will not help.
4. Maybe, conservatives are often fiscally smart, but due to the corrupt ties between government and corporation their is still a ton of money being wasted by favors, kickbacks, incentives, etc. However no doubt that you will see some budget cuts to unnecessary things like policing and schools
5. Highly doubt it, the party has a VERY strong tie to the oil company's and the worlds largest oil producers. Unless energy independence means invade Canada or Saudi Arabia, which I guess would work.
6. Their would not be Islamic extremists if you guys hadn't have pissed off the rest of the world so much. The US does not at all know how to handle foreign policy properly, and instead focus on a very short term picture that benefits them today.
7. Low taxes, yeah yeah blah blah. Everyone says this one. Don't need lower taxes, need different taxing and salary caps!
8. Look for them to do what?
9. It's still a privately owned health care system, the only way to achieve a proper health care system is to have total control over the health care system or the insurance system.
10. Where's any record of this? Anyways Obama FAR FAR FAR exceeds at this role.
11. Maybe, but unlikely.