Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
In Runtime
Default Obama-Cheney-Bush

Saw this somewhere, googled it, and sure enough..

From NBC's Adam Verdugo
In an interview with MSNBC's Norah O'Donnell this afternoon, Lynne Cheney revealed that while researching the Cheney family tree for her new book "Blue Skies, No Fences," she discovered that the Vice President Cheney and Barack Obama are related -- albeit distantly. According to Mrs. Cheney, the two politicians are eighth cousins.

*** Update *** The Obama campaign emails NBC/NJ's Aswini Anburajan that the Chicago Sun-Times actually wrote about this relation back in September, although the article notes that Obama and Cheney are 11th cousins -- not 8th cousins.

*** Update II *** Our mistake: The Sun-Times says that Obama and George Bush are 11th cousins, and Obama and Cheney are ninth cousins once removed. It seems we're all related....

October 17, 2007 -- Who says Barack Obama doesn't have what it takes to be president? Turns out, he's a distant cousin of both Dick Cheney and George Bush.

The vice president's wife, Lynne Cheney, announced her discovery yesterday while hawking her new book, "Blue Skies, No Fences," on MSNBC.

When asked if she would support Hillary Rodham Clinton because she is a woman, Lynne Cheney said, "I have to admit to a certain bias here . . . Dick and Barack Obama are eighth cousins."

Mrs. Cheney said that it was "an amazing American story that one ancestor . . . could be responsible down the family line for lives that have taken such different and varied paths."

Then asked if she supported Obama she quickly said, "No."

Obama's camp made light of the family ties. "Every family has a black sheep," said spokeswoman Jen Psaki, with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

The Chicago Sun-Times revealed the genealogical link in early September, claiming that the shared ancestors were Mareen and Susannah Duvall, 17th century immigrants from France.

The newspaper, however, claimed that the senator from Illinois and the vice president were 11th cousins.

The Duvalls are Obama's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents, and Cheney's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents, the paper said.

George W. Bush and Obama, meanwhile, are 10th cousins once removed - linked through a 17th century Massachusetts couple, Samuel Hinckley and Sarah Soole, according to the Sun-Times.

WOW. I had no idea of this, how weird!

I ask alot of questions. A +Rep is in order for all those who can put up with them.
jon the noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic
Default Re: Obama-Cheney-Bush

Wow, nice find! That sure is interesting! I wonder who I'm related to 11 cousins later??? Really makes you wonder.

"I Don't like to repeat successes. I like to move on to other things." - Walt Disney
Proud Chrome OS Pilot Program participant
joe pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Site Team
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

11th cousins, you are probably related to about 10,000 other people, or more....
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:55 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

you could be related to me or maybe bush but nice find non the lees. what is the personal feeling about this obama guy in america?
Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
Golden Master

I really want him to win. More than Hilary at least, and well, I'm not for the Republicans.
C2D E6600 | 4GB DDR2-800 | 9800GTX+ | Asus P5B-E | 150GB Raptor | 320GB 7200.10 | 750W Xigmatek PSU
freestyler105 is offline   Reply With Quote