Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Wizard of Wires

Default Now we know what's wrong

Went to the eye surgeon today. He poked and prodded and asked questions. I told him about the passing out and coming to with the double vision.
A bunch of drops in my eyes later, he tested the tracking and fired his phasers in my eyes. Damn that was bright!!!

He said there's no retinal damage associated with diabetes. But what he did say was the same thing the mysterious doctor in the hospital said. There's a small clot blocking the vein supplying blood to the nerve that controls the tracking of my eyes. It's big enough to throttle the flow but not enough to stop it. At freaking last a confirmation of what's wrong.

He asked me if I was on any blood thinners and I told him about the shot in the stomach in the hospital. He wants me to start on a low dose (81mg) and see if that resolves the flow problem.
I'm down with that. Stopped at the drug store and scored a year's supply of the little goodies.

So it's off to bed to sleep off the drops in my eyes. Finally some good news. And yeah it was a bit of a chore to type this since most of the screen is a blur. But I thought ya'll might be interested in some good news.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
Golden Master

Yay you are finally getting somewhere and some answers.

BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
MMM
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Now we know what's wrong

Join the club, I'm popping 7 pills every day for the rest of my life.....
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:00 AM   #4
Wizard of Wires

He said he wanted to see me again in 3 months. I hope to not be in this town in 3 months. He also told me to keep my left eye covered up. That's strange cause that's the one that's cocked over. Oh well. Now I get to go shopping for a sexy eye patch.
I did find some with designs on them but only thing that got my attention was one with flames on it. Like to find one with a lightning bolt or the V shape like in Code Geass. I figure if you have to wear it, have fun with it.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

I'm starting to think that I'm screwed up because I'm the only one here that can live longer than one day without medical treatment.
aPanzerIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

What's the story about Dr Mystery?
dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
Wizard of Wires

When I was admitted over night, there were 2 doctors that came to see me. One was a white American type and the other was a real tall slender Middle Eastern Indian type. He had this poof of jet black hair and wore glasses. He said his name but the nurse at the same time spoke and I missed his name.
But what came out of his mouth is what I remember. He's the one that said there was a restriction in the vessel leading to the nerve that controls the tracking of my eyes. I was given a blood thinner shot in the stomach which didn't help any.
When I went to see the eye doctor he didn't have any of my hospital or clinic records and came to the same conclusion.
So back to the clinic Monday and get on blood pressure meds. I'm going to ask about clot dissolvers. Maybe that would help get the blockage broke down and moved on out.

But the Dr. Mystery comes from asking about him and no one seeming to know who he is. My housekeeper seems to have seen him before. He kind of reminds me of the one armed basketball player in Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
Daemon Poster

Sounds like it was kind of a Morgan Freeman moment!

dale is offline   Reply With Quote