It is now Law!

Yes, It is a ridiculous law!

How long it remains as written is yet to be seen. But, as I stated earlier, this law is only the first of it, I am afraid.

As to being enforcable...that too is yet to be seen...but what comes to mind is the fact that China forced US corporations here to remove personal blog sites solely because they flamed the chinese government. Free speech is what America is about yet the corporations removed the blogsites from the servers and a few people( because they lived in Taiwan )was arrested by the chinese government for violating the antiflaming laws of that nation.

While that was China, the facts still remain that the govenment there forced private corporations here to remove the blogs. That is the issue we all must look at now. With the passing of this law, regardless how rediculous it seems, it shows that because of this internet, the people are finding that they are not only being ruled by their own country's laws but forced to being held accountable to the laws of other countries even though they have never physically been within the borders of that country.

As an American, I am totally against this intrusiveness..as I am for any kind of freedom of speech...but I fear that this is more about corporate (monetary) issues..than it is about govenmental freedoms...

As more and more people go online across the world on a daily basis, corporations that work internationally are finding themselves comeing more and more under fire from other jurisdictions than where they are hosted.
Corporations are notorious for moving into other countries and peddling their influences on them. They do this to avoid the rules and regulations of their own countries. All for the dollar,yen.mark,shilling or what ever.

Think about tobacco companies for a sec. It is illegal here to sell to minors so what they do is go to other countries and sell to minors there....now they are comeing under fire because the people there are finding out all the lies that they are told and are fighting back...all because of the web and the freedom of information that it entails.

Now while in most (so called ) free nations talking about things are allowed and all so most are free to shout and holler about it....but in other areas the act of talking about things can actually get them killed or hurt or whatever...
this is not an issue if a person can speak out annonomously...as from behind a blog or forum posting....but now if someone can force the protester to be named.....well how much flaming will go on there then.

Remember this.... corruption within free countries is a big issue think about what corruption is in third and forth world countries.

While a bunch of you may think that I am out on a limb on this...put it in this perspective.....only one sixth of the world's countries are represented as "free" That leaves a lot of temptation left out there to pad the bank accounts.

Leave it to bush to pass something like that, rather than try to fix the Social Security. It figures when i retire there won't be any Social Security left to cover the baby boomer's and the next generation after it..:mad:

Ahahah i can spam CF, i'm using my real name lol!!
I was watching Click by BBC World or something like that and they said China monitors all of thier Countrys activity o.0 They have a huge Firewall blocking sites liek BBC that they don't want them to see =0

pretty soon, its gonna be against the law to call somebody ugly or dumb in real life. or to annoy somebody in real life, oh wait, thats already a law... harassment. ha, we should all say something super dumb, and have people flame us. and then try to take it to court. ha, we might make a couple dollars, maybe... haha

-chris

badninja3 said:
pretty soon, its gonna be against the law to call somebody ugly or dumb in real life. or to annoy somebody in real life, oh wait, thats already a law... harassment. ha, we should all say something super dumb, and have people flame us. and then try to take it to court. ha, we might make a couple dollars, maybe... haha

-chris

ROTFLMFAO

badninja3 said:

-chris

You know what, thats probably quite possible for people in the USA... Quick somebody try it!!!

Chris

draconum said:
You know what, thats probably quite possible for people in the USA... Quick somebody try it!!!

Chris

Hey buddy you said try it so here goes

YOURE DUMB AND UGLY!!!!
well idk if you really are but you wanted some one to try it

Only problem, You loose more money paying lawyers and court fees than you actually get money from them

Back
Top Bottom