Now THIS is a cool gadget

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I don't work for these people nor do I own one. It's a bout time some one came up with something like this.

thingCharger

Some of the slickest inventions come from a guy in his shop making something he needed that was not on the market.

Last edited:
That's pretty awesome actually, I've got an adapter at home that plugs into the mains and outputs to 5 USB ports to charge, but it does mean having a lot of trailing cables.

Wireless charging will be the way forward I think though, stick everything on a mat or piece furniture and it just charges... :p

The idea sounds good but IMO not really practical (at least not for me). In my entire house, there's only a couple of outlets that aren't at ankle level so I wouldn't want to have to get under a desk or bend down to almost floor level to plug/unplug my phones or tablets.

The big issue I see with this design is that they are depending on the grip of the micro USB to hold the phone or tablet. I'd be afraid that the device being charged might get jarred and fall over. That might damage the USB port on the device, or, if the device fell to the floor, could result in a cracked screen.

The other problem is the cost. $40? Are they kidding?

I'll stick with chargers with cords.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom