Not so good? (99NASHA!)

McTrAyN

In Runtime
Hey all,

Well I brought a Kawasaki KX125 at the weekend, 2004 model and it was pretty cheap. So I haven't ridden a full size motorbike yet!

dscf0215of4.jpg

Was all exited, kept stalling when I went to pull off.. Then it worked.. Then I ended up in a pile of bushes with a dead leg lol.

Took my dad 5 mins to pull it out, just a small crack to the front mudguard.. well wow! :cool:

Well yeh.. My leg does hurt, how do people control the beasts?

This your first bike?... 2 strokes have some power, and they are also a lot of work from what I hear. But they are fast! I tried riding one of my friends CR80 once, and it had some power, but it was a bit short for me. My other friend rides a 250 4stroke, which is fast, but 4 strokes are different. My nieghbor is getting a 250 2 stroke soon, and that is going to be freaking fast as hell.
But a 125 has a lot of power, just getting used to the powerband on that thing is going to take some time probably.

Yeah it hurts LOL I was upset...

I want to get better at it because it looks fun but I don't want to break anything in the process. Should be able to ride it in a flatter field soon which didn't help tonight.

Anyone any throttle tips for a 125?

Throttle tips hmm.

125's are high RPM screamers. You've got to keep them revved up to get the most out of them. Always be in a gear that keeps the motor revving but not peaked out. You want to have about half throttle left in the gear your running. If you can wick the throttle and it bogs your in too high a gear. If your in too low a gear when you wick the throttle your not going to go to much faster. Find the gear that gives you the most snap and pickup when you wick the throttle up.

That don't have the low end torque that a 250 two stroke or 450 four stroke has which allows you to bog the motor down a bit and pull a higher gear without losing speed.

How big are you because a 125 shouldn't throw you around to much unless your short.

I was more into quads but a bunch of my buddies had bikes. We would swap quite a bit so I've road pretty much everything from CR80 Experts to KX and CR 500's. In all honesty the CR80 was harder to ride for me than the CR500 because I was to big for the bike. It just wanted to wheelie all the time were I could move around on the 500.

If I was you before I got into trail riding I'd recommend finding a field to practice figure 8's in. Get used to turning and braking. After your comfortable start messing with the throttle and brakes out in the open. Getting a feel for the bike is a must and a field will be the safest and easiest way to do it. After you can rip around in fields and lift the front end without any effort hit up the trails and start ripping.

A good few days of practice should get you pretty comfortable on the bike. After you get decent on the trails hit up some local tracks and practice jumping. We used to go every few weeks to the tracks to race and a few times a month to practice. Depending on the tracks rates are not that bad. Normally around $20 bucks for a full days practice.

Congrats on the purchase I'm sure you'll have the hang of it in no time at all.

Lol, that thing is tinyyyyyyyy.
lol, no not really... it will beat your car in 0-80. It will keep up with sport bikes off the line, and same with harleys. Can break 100mph proly. And the size of the bike isnt that small either... My nieghbor owns a track, and he could have gone professional if he had wanted to, and he road a 125, and was like 22 years old, and fairly built...

lol, no not really... it will beat your car in 0-80. It will keep up with sport bikes off the line, and same with harleys. Can break 100mph proly. And the size of the bike isnt that small either... My nieghbor owns a track, and he could have gone professional if he had wanted to, and he road a 125, and was like 22 years old, and fairly built...

That bike would beat a car probably 0-50 but no way 0-80 considering it isn't geared to do 80mph from the factory. Most bikes normally top out around 65-70mph. Gearing them up to do 80+ is possible but you'll lose a lot of torque in the process.

Also @ Ghost if you put a KX250 next to his bike 10/1 says you can't tell the difference because there almost identical in size. The only difference being the 250's motor and pipe is slightly bigger. The overall wheelbase might be a inch longer but not enough to tell the difference.

65-70? I thought some of the bigger ones like this could go faster. My nieghbors current yz85 can go 65-70.

I would THOROUGHLY enjoy seeing that.

Back
Top Bottom