North Korea

Mylz Sama

BSOD
I take great interest in politics war, ext. What are your opinions on North Korea and what do you think we (The United States) should do?

Simple: stay out of other people's business for once! The world doesn't always need the U.S. "freeing the sh** out of everyone".

Yeah, I think the media is blowing this way out of proportion.

I really don't think anyone is crazy enough to use nukes now. So what if they want them. It is EXTREMELY doubtful they are going to do more then test them and store them. Pretty much every country has a nuclear stockpile. Why? Because it is their right to protect themselves. People are too afraid to use a nuke as a preemptive strike option. If North Korea were to nuke Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul or anywhere else for that matter, the entire world would declare war on North Korea more than likely.

We should do absolutely nothing. First off, most of the "North Korea is going to bomb *insert country here*" news is simply sensationalist crap.

Second off, USA can't really do anything. In order to move troops into North Korea, they will have to go through China.

Now, America is in quite a large deficit. We have been running a negative trade balance for too long now, and the Iraqi war has drained our coffers. The only country that is significantly helping us climb out of the financial blackhole that we are in is China. Quite a number of Chinese businesses are relocating to the US and China is pumping money into the US economy through the purchase of government bond.

Thus, if Obama does make the decision to send troops into North Korea, he will have to ask China, unless he wants to risk a worsening of the economical crisis.

China will assuredly say no, as I am sure they are not too keen to have their nuclear weapon toting neighbors declare war against them.

If, however, China does allow this military maneuver, then I believe we will be on the brink of WWIII.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Einstein.

The hard part with this is responsibility. Alot of these countries want to die and go to heaven so they can have their virgins. I don't think they're responsible to have nukes, but at the same time, Who are we to say they can't when we were the first to drop one on Hiroshima....We need to stop being the police of the world and mind our own damn business.

Then again, What difference does it make? If there is another war that goes Nuclear, It will be the last. Well launch ours, they'll launch theirs, our allies, theirs, etc. It's game over for everyone.

I thought if there were an war, China would help North Korea. Or are they not allies anymore?

I think America should do nothing too, I'm getting tired of America trying to take charge of the whole world, deciding what other countries should or should not have.

I agree we should go to war because the lunatic running the country needs to be put in his place, but I am more against it because this would easily cause a WWIII, which i believe nuclear weapons would be used, and The United States would used any means necessary to protect its people so the world as we know it would come to an end.

I agree we should go to war because the lunatic running the country needs to be put in his place, but I am more against it because this would easily cause a WWIII, which i believe nuclear weapons would be used, and The United States would used any means necessary to protect its people so the world as we know it would come to an end.

Could you please be a bit more careful while voicing your opinion? Your post is slightly nonsensical.

No one in this thread believes that the US will or even should go to war, thus there is no one with whom you "agree". What I believe you are trying to say is that though you believe that Kim Jong-il should lose leadership, military action against North Korea would eventually lead to a nuclear holocaust. Correct me if I am wrong.

You will find that people on this forum are quick to rise up to their opinions, and that it is best to be careful with the way you phrase your theses.

China, really needs to step in on this. If North Korea goes nuke, then Japan is sure to follow. Not only are they (Japan) worried about this, but are also upset about the kidnapping of their citizens, by the North Koreans. Surely China can't want an nuclear Asia. Z:

China does not want to start a war, they want to be in peace, at least from what my mom told me, who watches Chinese news everyday.

I got this from another Site

America allies

Canada (Traditional ally)
Australia (Anzac ally)
New Zealand )Anzac ally)
NATO/EU (Main ally with 2 nuclear powers France and Britain)
Japan (Asian ally with potential to be very powerful)
South Korea (The puppet of America)
Israel (Nuclear power and regional power)
Taiwan (Could their be conflict?)
South Africa (Africa ally)

China allies

Russia (Nuclear and world Power)
SCO (Strategic ally in Central Asia)
Burma (strategic Asian ally)
Venezuela (Latin American strategic ally)
Zimbabwe (Strategic African ally)
Pakistan (Major partner and Nuclear power)
Iran (Middle eastern ally and regional power)
Cuba (Latin American strategic ally)
North Korea (Traditional cold war ally with nuclear weapons)
Sudan (Strategic African ally)
Syria (Strategic middle eastern ally)
Serbia (Possible future ally now that America has pissed them off with Kosovo)

If China and North Korea are actually allies, then China will most likely not do anything. What's wrong with North Korea having nukes? doesn't America have enough nukes to destroy Earth multiple times?
The reason I heard why America is against it was because North Korea is a small country, and America doesn't want a small country to have nukes.

Back
Top Bottom