Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-16-2007, 03:44 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew
Default No more stupid typos!

Well, I'm announcing it here. Found a great deal at Best Buy to replace my temporary $20 Micro Innovations keyboard (stay far, far away).

It would type double t's when I didn't want it to, single t's when I tried to type double t's, and also do crazy stuff like that for other letters. It was loud, clunky, large, and pretty uncomfortable.

Well, went to Best Buy and found my new keyboard for $17 that is leaps and bounds better. It's an Ideazon Merc on closeout since they just got the illuminated models in (which are $80).

I am a rather happy camper. Now I just have to get used to slightly more compact keys and I'll be set.

D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:49 AM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: No more stupid typos!

I used to have that same keyboard, I hated how the backspace was only a single key size big!

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:52 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Are you talking about the MI? Yeah, I absolutely HATED that. Now I have the long backspace and the small enter key, which is perfect. And these keys have rubber backsprings instead of actual springs so it's super quiet.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Nice, mine is an acient toshiba one, but its better than most keyboards. I want to get a nice logitech one sometime, but dont want to spend a whole lot yet.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:41 AM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Nice

I have a cheap Microsoft keyboard/mouse combo, and they are okay, but not brilliant.

I tend to find while playing one of my favourite games, I'll hit the windows key, minimizing it and making me lose all the damn time though.
I could do with a better keyboard for that.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

I need a new mouse after throwing it too many times in frustration hahaha oh well it's just a Dell... same as my keyboard, the first one I had for a couple years and I tried cleaning it out recently but it's just so filthy... damn some of the weirdest shit comes out from underneath your keys. So my dad had a spare keyboard basically the same model which only lasted a fortnight before I spilt lemonade all over it... still works though, pulled it apart and it's just a little sticky underneath heheheh

I'm using a piece of crap at the moment but once I spend tons on my first gaming rig I'll work my ass off to get an awesome mouse and keyboard with blue LEDs...:drools:
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
Golden Master

OMG, I used a Micro Innovations keyboard before. That thing was clunky. The buttons were very hard to push and didn't felt like I was typing, but beating on it instead. Very, very uncomfortable. From that point on, it was all Logitech keyboard isntead. It's quite a difference. So you got an $80 keyboard for $17? Wow, that's the best deal yet.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

It's not an $80 keyboard, that's the revision - Merc Stealth. That one has backlit keys. The regular Merc was $40 retail, $35 on newegg. I even beat my brother's price when he got a $10 mail in rebate, I think he got his for $20.

I miss the backlit keys on my Saitek Eclipse a ton (RIP), but I'm just going to compromise and stick with this rockin' keyboard. Backlights aren't worth $60 to me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823161019
This thing owns. I'm going to try out the COD4 demo when I make my trip back home, just got finished downloading it. But I'm packing up my computer now so see yall later.