Nintendo DS "Lite"

Don't expect to see movie UMD's for much longer, sales have bombed and studios are going to really cut down on what they release.

Computergen said:
AHAHAHHAHHA....

No, wether or not you were being an Obnoxious PSP fan or were actually wondering. No the nintendo ds does Not have this capability, Also have you noticed the PSP's battery life?

The PSP on full charge has a battery life of 4-5 hours...and usually once the battery is worn in it is about 3 hours...what good is watching a video on it when it will take about 70% of your battery life..

The DS on full charge has a battery life of 10 hours...which one do you think was meant to play videos?

Please...the DS and PSP are too different to compare, the PSP is a portable entertainment system while the DS is a handheld gaming system.

Little DS? Are you making fun of it because it is getting smaller...because god knows I want a nice and big handheld.
Because that "Little DS" can output more battery life than your PSP ever will be.
Quote from an article:
The new model can run 15 to 19 hours on its lowest brightness, 10 to 15 hours on its second level of brightness, 7 to 11 hours on its third level, and 5 to 8 hours on the maximum level. What's more, the DS Lite's battery recharges in three hours, which is an hour less than the original DS.

Basically, In PSP terms..."The DS owns."

I'm sorry, but that comment is stupid. The DS is less powerful than the PSP and has a much lower capacity battery. If the PSP had the DS's battery it wouldn't get half way through a movie.

I prefer the DS over the PSP but I don't make blind fanboy comments like that.

Yeah, I heard about that...meh. If I want gaming, I'll use my PC. If I'm THAT desperate I'll use my cell phone, because Tetris owns all. :D

there is talk of a film adapter coming out to allow you to play movies on the DS when using a flash cartridge.

battery life is longer, based mostly on the smaller screen size/colour depth... but it is a real consideration, 4 hour life v.s 10 hour life... even after you take battery life degrading into account you're still looking at ~2.5 -3hr v.s ~7 - 9hr
even if you're not watching movies but playing games...
the PSP is a portable system, I'll grant you that.. but exactly how portable is it? - a three hour trip then you need a mains outlet?

I know which one I'd rather buy... and the DS is cheaper too...

alvino said:
Yeah, I heard about that...meh. If I want gaming, I'll use my PC. If I'm THAT desperate I'll use my cell phone, because Tetris owns all. :D

Hahahah, I can OWN j00 :D , the highest i got was 479 lines. OO,, beat that!!

But anyway, I actually never read about the difference between the DS lite and the old DS, what is the difference?

Back
Top Bottom