Nikoooo

G35x

Golden Master
Since you work out, prolly the best to ask you..Anyhow, being 6'1 180 pounds, I wanna start working out a bit at home..Im preety in shape, but for football I wanna improve..Anyhow, I hate working out w/ the team, so I got a way out of it :D Well, I only have dumbells, the ones that you do with one hand..I have tons of weights to add one, so that not really a problem..I curl, I know that doesnt even help much, but what do you sugest..Also, with no eqiupment, best way to get abs ( just sit ups?) any faster way...And calf muscles, just squat..Thanks man...

They ccall me OchoCinco ( football fans might get it heh ) ;)

This is the totally opposite of what you probably heard over the years. Do reps of 10 and 3 sets of crunches (no situps). Doing that slowly. If after you do it and feel nothing your probably doing it wrong or need more of a challenege. if you got a 10 pound dumbbell or one that ways more put that behind your head and do crunches that way. kinda how i do it. This is something i started a few weeks ago but i do a few hundred push ups daily. When i wake up i do 20, before i shower and after 20, anytime im bored i do 20, then 20 at night. find random times...takes about 30 seconds outta your day each time. if you have something similar to a bench press take your dumbbells and use them just like you would bench pressing. have one in each hand (heavy amount) and after you go up turn the dumbbells towards each other and clang them (adds to the little chest muscles) then back down.

sorry if im not the person you wanted but i defiantly no tons and tons of workouts that actually work without hitting the gym. hope it helps man, take care.

EMMteo said:
This is the totally opposite of what you probably heard over the years. Do reps of 10 and 3 sets of crunches (no situps). Doing that slowly. If after you do it and feel nothing your probably doing it wrong or need more of a challenege. if you got a 10 pound dumbbell or one that ways more put that behind your head and do crunches that way. kinda how i do it. This is something i started a few weeks ago but i do a few hundred push ups daily. When i wake up i do 20, before i shower and after 20, anytime im bored i do 20, then 20 at night. find random times...takes about 30 seconds outta your day each time. if you have something similar to a bench press take your dumbbells and use them just like you would bench pressing. have one in each hand (heavy amount) and after you go up turn the dumbbells towards each other and clang them (adds to the little chest muscles) then back down.

sorry if im not the person you wanted but i defiantly no tons and tons of workouts that actually work without hitting the gym. hope it helps man, take care.

not to completely say you're wrong in your push-up routine, but i think it is more effective to do multiple sets of push-ups and maxing out on your reps at one time of the day (then taking some time off to recover and rebuild broken muscle tissues) rather than spanning single sets of 20 reps over the course of the entire day, every day of the week.

G35x said:
Since you work out, prolly the best to ask you..Anyhow, being 6'1 180 pounds, I wanna start working out a bit at home..Im preety in shape, but for football I wanna improve..Anyhow, I hate working out w/ the team, so I got a way out of it :D Well, I only have dumbells, the ones that you do with one hand..I have tons of weights to add one, so that not really a problem..I curl, I know that doesnt even help much, but what do you sugest..Also, with no eqiupment, best way to get abs ( just sit ups?) any faster way...And calf muscles, just squat..Thanks man...

Well first of, I'd say get a bench and barbell with weights asap. Then practice squats, bench press, dead lifts. Another one you could try is lifting the barbell off the ground to your chest and push it out as far as you can and hold for 5-10 seconds and repeat, this works just about every muscle group.

I don't really use dumbbells much, I mainly only use a barbell to do bench press, squat, dead lift. If I do use dumbbells however I would do calf lunges, squat, shoulder press, bicep curls, dumbbell row, and out to the front/side.

For abs I do sit ups, crunches, bicycles, variation of a chin up (kind of hard to explain).

Another stuff I do when I feel like it, for endurance: heavy bag work, skip, run, row, bike, push ups. And for grip strength: a device similar to a bullworker, and opening and closing hands rapidly until your forearm is too sore.

Anyway, hope this helps.

What I go for is endurance, if you want to go for just looks then yeah lift weights and what not, but if you truly want to be the best, go for endurance, condition.. It'll help you alot more then just looking pretty haha.

Every day at school (weight lifting class) we start out with running for five minutes, then 100 jumping jacks 20 pushups, 80 jumping jacks 20 push ups, 70 jumping jacks 20 pushups, and go down.. It really starts to hurt haha, then we run for five minutes stop right after get at the end of the court and do sprints, if it's nice outside we go out and run snakes on the bleachers 100 yards each, back and fourth. Then indian runs with 45 pounds above our heads.

Then we go in the weight room, do pushups and crunches, presses over our head with 45 pound weight, every 10 presses we do 10 squats and go down from 10 on the squats, then we pick up the bar curl it 10 times 9 times 8 times and so down, then go back up once we reach 1... Hmm we finish with 5 minute run and go dress out..

When I don't have that class I usaully just do pull ups, pushups, situps, and run.. Since I have work I make the most of it and run there and back with 40 pounds in my backback. It's about a miles and it sucks! But i've been this for about two years, trying to get in shape for the Rangers. It's gonna be hard.

So yeah pain is weakness leaving the body, whenever you're hurtin just repeat that over to yourself, and keep on keepin on.

Jon. said:
What I go for is endurance, if you want to go for just looks then yeah lift weights and what not, but if you truly want to be the best, go for endurance, condition.. It'll help you alot more then just looking pretty haha.

Every day at school (weight lifting class) we start out with running for five minutes, then 100 jumping jacks 20 pushups, 80 jumping jacks 20 push ups, 70 jumping jacks 20 pushups, and go down.. It really starts to hurt haha, then we run for five minutes stop right after get at the end of the court and do sprints, if it's nice outside we go out and run snakes on the bleachers 100 yards each, back and fourth. Then indian runs with 45 pounds above our heads.

Then we go in the weight room, do pushups and crunches, presses over our head with 45 pound weight, every 10 presses we do 10 squats and go down from 10 on the squats, then we pick up the bar curl it 10 times 9 times 8 times and so down, then go back up once we reach 1... Hmm we finish with 5 minute run and go dress out..

When I don't have that class I usaully just do pull ups, pushups, situps, and run.. Since I have work I make the most of it and run there and back with 40 pounds in my backback. It's about a miles and it sucks! But i've been this for about two years, trying to get in shape for the Rangers. It's gonna be hard.

So yeah pain is weakness leaving the body, whenever you're hurtin just repeat that over to yourself, and keep on keepin on.

Nice! That sounds like an intense workout. It must be quite effective i'd imagine.

Yeah.. Yeah it is haha, i'm still feeling it from today, first day I started doing it hardcore again at the beggining of the year I couldn't even bend my arms, no lie. It's funny when football/basketball/ or ROTC kids come in thinking they're all bad ass, and quit half way in.. There's only a few of us that are serious about it though, last year in the class we had the two strongest kids in the school litterley, the state wrestling champ, and one of the XOs in ROTC, in the class. It was awesome cus we all learned from eachother and all did the workout, but this year there's only two of us left : /

Toby, that's what you do when lifting heavy weights not pushups. your not really putting that much strain into your muscles compared to heavy lifting at a small period of time. and plus i got them from people in the military. exactly how it should be done they say. also one more thing they noted, stretching for 45 minutes can also increase muscles. really weird to think about that but it stretches out the muscles near the joints or something like that which in turn helps gain muscle.

EMMteo said:
Toby, that's what you do when lifting heavy weights not pushups. your not really putting that much strain into your muscles compared to heavy lifting at a small period of time. and plus i got them from people in the military. exactly how it should be done they say. also one more thing they noted, stretching for 45 minutes can also increase muscles. really weird to think about that but it stretches out the muscles near the joints or something like that which in turn helps gain muscle.

Which part of my post are you referring to? I'm not quite following.

G35x said:

What do you want to improve, strength, muscle tone, stamina etc?

Also working out with others does help, as it will stop you getting lazy, you can think your doing a good workout till your train with others, and then thats when you realise that your physical fitness is below that of the others.

Back
Top Bottom