Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-20-2005, 12:53 PM   #81
In Runtime
 
Quinton McLeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 298
Default Re: Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
So u are telling me that the computer is very durable because it hasn't broken during the 1st year? lol
When it's been running without any hardware problems for 5 years then u can come and tell me it's durable.

In 5 years, the parts inside would already be upgraded :P
__________________

Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #82
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
So u are telling me that the computer is very durable because it hasn't broken during the 1st year? lol
When it's been running without any hardware problems for 5 years then u can come and tell me it's durable.
Exactly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton McLeod

In 5 years, the parts inside would already be upgraded :P
Were not talking about upgrading, and puting more cash into the computer. We are talking about what you have right nnow, versus the dell..
__________________

__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:27 PM   #83
Baseband Member
 
Mr. Feesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28
Send a message via MSN to Mr. Feesh
Default Re: Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton McLeod

Did you build your PC? Whoever built your PC screwed up, obviously. When custom building anything; whether it be a computer, radio or whatever; there will always be room for a screw up or two. It's true, that humans aren't perfect. However, companies such as Dell do it purposefully! They know they are selling you crap parts in your PC. I mean, 1 or 2 mistakes in a custom computer really doesn't say much in comparison to an entire line of crappy computers.






Yes, not everyone knows about custom built computers. However, Arrizx does! My point was to simply show that he was making a bad mistake. However, maybe he doesn't know how to build a computer, so... Maybe it wasn't such a bad mistake. However, the option is, was and always will be open. Surveys conclude that an overwhelming majority believe custom made computers are the best form of computer anyone could ever have:

1) They are specifically tailored to your needs and demands. No extra crap!
Who would want a computer that did everything else that they don't need their computer to do... And then pay for it?!

2) They are cheaper
Custom PCs are cheaper! An HP featuring the AMD X2 3800+ for 899.99 can be easily matched by a 750 dollar Custom PC (with water cooling!) I should know because I built one!

3) They are potentially FASTER
Someone please find me a premade manafacturered AMD 64 fx-57 computer. As a matter of fact, someone find me a manafactured AMD Opteron 170 PC.... Ya know what? You can't! *Gasps* Not unless you want an Alienware...

4) They are easily and readily upgradable and interchangable!
They aren't specially made for a certain brand of computer parts or accessories. If your PSU goes bad, it can be replaced without replacing the MB. If the MB is bad, it can be replaced without having to worry about replacing the RAM and processor (unless of course, your MB is very old).

5) They look so much freaking cooler!!
Custom PCs are some of the hottest looking computers I have ever seen. Find me a Dell that looks as cool as this:

http://www.cubedpc.com/images/steves...4/IMG_0064.jpg

or

http://www.matrixagent.net/PimpRig/P...s/DSC00642.jpg





I did use offbrand ram... However, the ram is perfectly clocked to the processor's max FSB. Unlike the ram that comes in a pre-built PC where the RAM is much much slower than what the processor can do. You have a lot of these manafacturers who still put 333mhz ram with their AMD 64 or Pentium D processor machines! It's ridiculous.

Some premade computers are great! However, they are rare. Custom PCs will always beat the premade PC. There's nothing anyone can say much about it.
lol!!!!!! that cube computer is not cheaper! the case is 200 us dollars alone. cheaper my A*$!


here is the site where i found that at http://www.cubedpc.com/13ordering.htm
funny the same site where you got that picture.... did you cheack your information?...........lol!!!!!!
__________________
ASUS G2P Laptop.
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 processor(2GHz)|2x1GB DDR2 667 Unbuffered|ATI Radeon X1700 512MB|160GB RPM HDD|8x Dual-Layer DVD+/-RW|10/100/1000|(802.11a/b/g) Wireless LAN|17" WXGA+ TFT LCD 8ms|24-bit High-Definition Audio|5 USB|1.3 megapixel camera|built-in Mic
Mr. Feesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:29 PM   #84
Fully Optimized
 
MooseMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,627
Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Feesh
lol!!!!!! that cube computer is not cheaper! the case is 200 to 250 us dollars. cheaper my A*$!
*claps* indeed you are so right
__________________
.::The top folder on the CF F@H team::.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...&teamnum=42655
MooseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:02 AM   #85
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

Haha.. someone just got schooled.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:32 AM   #86
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton McLeod


The truth is, building a PC almost ALWAYS qualifies for higher quality than buying a premade PC.
i disagree 100%, the guy who i got my pc from is a small computer shop, who have been running for absolutley ages, they give a full 2 year warranty on all hardware, the puter is well built, it runs fast and properley, i havnt looked inside, cause i dont need to, but i trust these guys, and i doubt that i woulda done a better job building. im going to build when i move out, but till then im sticking with this premade pc. there are hudreds of good quality, small computer stores, virtually all of which make very good quality pc's. no, i wouldnt get a dell, becuase of this shop, but i would trust dell to make a good pc, if they were as bad as your claiming, then this would be all over the news, and their buisness would suffer. i know loads of people with dells, and none of them have had any problems, mabye its different in the UK, if i hadnt found this shop, i would have bought a dell most probably. i wouldnt get a HP if you paid me, nor would i go anywhere near pc world...
__________________
'I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:44 AM   #87
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

Lol, nice man. The thing is that most people hes refering to, are probably complete idiots, i mean thats why there in the computer shop right? Because they cant take care of the computer. Thats why they need to be fixed so often, and its also why they dont make their own. Because there to damn stupid!
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:48 AM   #88
Baseband Member
 
Mr. Feesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28
Send a message via MSN to Mr. Feesh
Default Re: Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

i belive that most of the time time you can get a better computer from a small computer shop b/c there just good at it and they want to keep you comming back.

there is a computer shop up by my house where i got parts to complete a secondary computer, witch i reacently put in a tub of oil, but they treated me right, so i keep going back even if I just spend like $10 at a time, and that is better, more personal treatment then you moght get at bestbuy or comp usa. the prices are great too, they even have used parts.
__________________
ASUS G2P Laptop.
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 processor(2GHz)|2x1GB DDR2 667 Unbuffered|ATI Radeon X1700 512MB|160GB RPM HDD|8x Dual-Layer DVD+/-RW|10/100/1000|(802.11a/b/g) Wireless LAN|17" WXGA+ TFT LCD 8ms|24-bit High-Definition Audio|5 USB|1.3 megapixel camera|built-in Mic
Mr. Feesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:09 AM   #89
In Runtime
 
Quinton McLeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 298
Default Re: Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Feesh
lol!!!!!! that cube computer is not cheaper! the case is 200 us dollars alone. cheaper my A*$!


here is the site where i found that at http://www.cubedpc.com/13ordering.htm
funny the same site where you got that picture.... did you cheack your information?...........lol!!!!!!

Wow... Aren't we slow today...

*Ahem*
If you have read the entire post carefully, you would've noticed that I never once mentioned the price of those PCs in those pics. Those are simply pictures to describe how good a custom PC can look. So, be sure to "cheack" your information before you criticize others, Mmm kay?

Arrizx, it has become overly apparent that you don't know much about the PC. So, I apologize. It is quite evident that you couldn't possibly build a custom PC due to your level of PC knowledge. I can't really expect much from a 15 year old. When I was 15 (about your age, of course), I wasn't building PCs... I was programming.

So, Arrizx, I'm sorry.
Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:37 PM   #90
Golden Master
 
athlon64fx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,153
Send a message via MSN to athlon64fx
Default Re: Be nice.. but i bought a dell.. Ahh...!!!

If anyone knoes EXACTLY how bad dell is its ME since I worked there!!!!! and I know what thier hidden intentions are!!

why do you think this site exists??

http://www.ihatedell.net/

this site has alot of ex dell- and current dell employees on it and you can easily see how much crap this company dell is! Thye also talk about bad issues in teh workplace, not getting paid enough to stand constantly for 12 hours a day! where sittign is a crime, 100s of people get laid offf daily! the list goes on. If you want to support a company that treats thier employees and regular customers like crap, go ahead.

Dell only treats their high paying customers good since thier tracking system for your service tag number is ultilized, and if it senses a service tag that has paid higher for the system it will redirect you to the better support people automatically! thats how it is setup.
__________________

athlon64fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0