Newsbreak: Saddam Hussein Sentanced

mark thorpe said:
anyway.. back on topic, when they execute him, and the others, they will be made into martyrs, and give the terrorists another excuse to attack us.. they will just say in the name of saddam, and all that.. nik bought up some very solid points..

Him not keeping his military rank is more of an issue than execution.

Human life does not matter, all what matters is dignity and religion.

Brookfield said:
Dictionary; "A person who exaggerates their suffering or discomfort in order to obtain sympathy" ie; Sadaam & his ravings in court, or who's plight arouses strong feelings, even after his death.

No, a martyr is someone who dies for something they believe in. I.E. Suicide bombings

Mercury&Solace said:
Good riddance, see you in hell Saddam.

does that mean Saddam is going to have a homosexual relationship with Satan and possibly return in the future when Canadians and Americans and at war? Or do i just pay too close attention to Southpark?

Ah, lol, anyways on a more serious note, I find it very interesting that he will be put to death by hanging or even the fact that a verdict has been finally reached. I don't know the complications that are going to arise once Saddam is put to death but i have to be honest, it does worry me a little. If he does become a martyr by his own death then we may see the largest backlash from his supporters that we could ever imagine. This world is already so violent and so if more violence is to arise then we are seriously heading for a major crisis far beyond what we are experiencing now. In a way, i feel Saddam's death is not going to give us the justice we've always wanted.

yeah, well saddam hussein definately isn't jesus, jesus didn't kill 142 people

I'll quote my history teacher

"You can't judge history with today's morals"

Jesus today is looked upon as a great wonderful man. A man who was right and jusified in every bit of his actions. And a holy man, he is looked up too.

When he was killed he was leading a cult, a terroristic organization if you will (granted he didn't go about killing people) Rome killed him for treason. We are going hang Saddam for violations against human rights. If you look at this way,

whats worst murder or treason, I believe many people would argue that murder is worse, some would say treason. Therefore when Jesus died, the Christian religion exploded because of it.

Do we want to kill Saddam and have the terrioist explode because of it?

O BTW Jesus was tried, and killed by Rome law, Saddam will be tried and hung by Iraqi law. Whats the difference? Names thats the difference.

I feel killing Saddam (as much as i'd like to see it happen) would have more negative sideaffects then if we just tossed him in a 6x4 cell with 3 nasty square meals a day for the next 60 years.

In 15 years, we'll still think about the same that day as to day. But what about 150?

Nik00117 said:
I'll quote my history teacher

"You can't judge history with today's morals"

Jesus today is looked upon as a great wonderful man. A man who was right and jusified in every bit of his actions. And a holy man, he is looked up too.

When he was killed he was leading a cult, a terroristic organization if you will (granted he didn't go about killing people) Rome killed him for treason. We are going hang Saddam for violations against human rights. If you look at this way,

whats worst murder or treason, I believe many people would argue that murder is worse, some would say treason. Therefore when Jesus died, the Christian religion exploded because of it.

O BTW Jesus was tried, and killed by Rome law, Saddam will be tried and hung by Iraqi law. Whats the difference? Names thats the difference.

I feel killing Saddam (as much as i'd like to see it happen) would have more negative sideaffects then if we just tossed him in a 6x4 cell with 3 nasty square meals a day for the next 60 years.

In 15 years, we'll still think about the same that day as to day. But what about 150?
well, i definately agree that terrorism isn't going to stop if we kill saddam, but i dont think that keeping him in a cell is going to help either, and Jesus was not a terrorist to the romans, he was a heretic, he was calling the people to collaborate instead of fighting, and in the end, it was the jews who decided to kill him, pontious(sp?) pilate himself showed that he had no part in it, because he too did not want to kill such a peaceful and holy man

well, i definately agree that terrorism isn't going to stop if we kill saddam, but i dont think that keeping him in a cell is going to help either, and Jesus was not a terrorist to the romans, he was a heretic, he was calling the people to collaborate instead of fighting, and in the end, it was the jews who decided to kill him, pontious(sp?) pilate himself showed that he had no part in it, because he too did not want to kill such a peaceful and holy man

Ok there ya go, Jesus=Saddam (He is the guy who dies), Jews=Iraq, Terriosim=Christianty, Pontious=popeple who don't want to see saddam die.

Nik00117 said:

hmm, seeing a terrorist explode... :D
But yeah, it's a good point, we certainly don't want more terrorism, but I don't think that this will lead to any big terrorist attacks. Though there probably will be an increased amount of suicide bombings in Iraq during the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom