Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #1
Golden Master

Default Newegg new "Will Call" pick up service!!!!

I'm excited. I just got an email through Newegg direct saying that I qualify for the new pickup service!!!! Here's the email:

Dear Customer,
Congratulations!

For your convenience Newegg.com plans to offer a new shipping option, will call service (customer order pick up) in your ******* location. You currently reside in a location that has been considered for this service. Newegg.com sincerely values your feedback and we have put together just a few questions that will help us improve this service.

We appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your digital lifestyle and thank you in advance for your feedback.

Once you know, you Newegg.

I live very close to their main facility, hehe so of course, I had better be on their pick up list.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev
Default Re: Newegg new "Will Call" pick up service!!!!

how does that work?

evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
Golden Master

It means that I can request to have my package picked up at the Newegg warehouse facility instead of them shipping it out to me. Like what UPS does. They also have a "Will Call" service where they will put my package aside until I come to pick it up. Now, I can save money on shipping costs.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Nice. It's the shipping that makes newegg more expensive than buying stuff from my work. If only that was offered here.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:11 PM   #5
Golden Master

I still have a disadvantage though. It's nice that I can pick it up now, but since the company is based in California and I'm a resident of California, I am forced to pay the California State Tax--which is much higher than to the rest of the people in the US. Well, people in New Jersey also pay extra on taxes too .
Old 09-24-2007, 11:27 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOwner View Post
I still have a disadvantage though. It's nice that I can pick it up now, but since the company is based in California and I'm a resident of California, I am forced to pay the California State Tax--which is much higher than to the rest of the people in the US. Well, people in New Jersey also pay extra on taxes too .
In Canada, thats why I order everything out of province.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #7
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOwner View Post
Thats the reason i don't use tigerdirect, good prices, but tax is way too much.
Western Digital 250 Gig HD
Evga 8800GTS 640mb Oc'd to 615/1000
allenn812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:33 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

I'm glad I live in a state where there isn't too much... Wouldn't really want to pay tax on all the stuff I buy from Newegg. Shipping prices aren't too bad for the most part. For 3-day UPS shipping I could ship my whole custom PC for ~$13ish (after any discounts atm), of course I need fans also and added 2 120mm fans which upped the shipping $9... I guess fans are really valuable or something while the rest of my PC isn't...? The next lowest price is ~$70 for 2 day UPS, can't afford that though, and I really can't afford FedEx at all.
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:08 AM   #9
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

ive never had to pay sales tax, when something that i dont buy is based here in washington i just laugh becuase it is so uncommon, only thing we produce is fish and wood
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:26 AM   #10
Golden Master

Speaking of Washington, I'm coming up there this Christmas (pending weather from Utah). My sister and her husband lives in Bellevue.