Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
Baseband Member
 
mkdmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 34
Default The new windows XP

Hey guys i herd that Microsoft is going to bring out a new windows another make of windows DISSCUSS
__________________

mkdmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: The new windows XP

Technology is always moving and there will always be new operating systems in the works as tech improves.
__________________

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: The new windows XP

Old news. MS was talking about Windows 7 (the version you just heard about) since before Vista was released.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
Omnipotent One
 
Atomic Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 11,161
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: The new windows XP

Yup: Windows 7

Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
Golden Master
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: The new windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdmc View Post
Hey guys i herd that Microsoft is going to bring out a new windows another make of windows DISSCUSS
Nah, microsoft quit after XP, they decided, this is good enough. Screw faster. Vista is actually made by Adobe, but Microsoft bought the rights too it, and therefore their name is on it. Microsoft is done though...

Yeah, of course they are making another windows, lol. They already did after XP.
__________________
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
tom-knox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,451
Send a message via MSN to tom-knox
Default Re: The new windows XP

lol

Unfortuneatly Vista is looking like going down the road that Windows ME **Spits on floor** went down. Bring back 98 i say. Xp is the best thing to come out of microsoft since 1998 and it is still the best OS in existence on PC.
__________________
New laptop:
2.1 Ghz Core 2 Duo processor :: nVidia GT150m :: 15.6" HD LCD :: 4gb RAM :: 320gb HDD

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: The new windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom-knox View Post
lol

Unfortuneatly Vista is looking like going down the road that Windows ME **Spits on floor** went down. Bring back 98 i say. Xp is the best thing to come out of microsoft since 1998 and it is still the best OS in existence on PC.
If Vista ends up down the road of ME its going to be from people like you.

Please tell me what exactly is so bad about Vista? I'm really curious because I've been running it for quite some time now and it works great. Its much faster than XP for both loading and launching applications. As well as great search features.

I could understand if you don't like Vista because your computer is old and your trying to run old applications. If thats the case its only going to get worse as new hardware and software comes out.

If you think Windows 7 (Vienna) is going to run applications Vista won't I think your in trouble.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
Golden Master
 
Cabbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,912
Send a message via AIM to Cabbs
Default Re: The new windows XP

I don't understand the Vista hate either. I've been without problems for almost a year now.
__________________
=Like anime? Come to AnimeAppeal.com!=
||DFI UT P35||Q9550@3400 Mhz||Geil 4GB RAM||Radeon 5770||
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #9
Golden Master
 
Kage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 13,873
Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: The new windows XP

I don't understand Vista, for the reason that, you shouldn't need to have a fast PC to run an OS that is there to run programs.

It uses more resources than it needs to, slowing even a reletively fast PC down.
The fact it slows older PC's down, unlike XP, shows how badly it can perform its task.

A Operating System should be light, so that programs run effective on it, with a machine that meets the specs of that program.
It shouldn't need to hog more RAM than XP, etc.

Its the old saying of "PC's get faster, so this doesn't really matter". But that isn't the point. A PC shouldn't have to be faster to run an OS, which is basically just a UI to access things quicker than you originally could before them.

I thought the whole point of having the UI done with Direct X for example, was to speed things up, not slow things down.

That is why I think Vista, even with its nice sparkly features, is useless.
__________________
Abit IP35 Pro / Q6600 G0 / Zalman 9700 / 8800GTS 640mb / 4x 2GB Corsair XMS / X-FI Xtreme M / 1x 1TB / Antec 900 / Logitech Z-5500 / Samsung 20inch
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
ssc456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,279
Send a message via MSN to ssc456
Default Re: The new windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
I don't understand Vista, for the reason that, you shouldn't need to have a fast PC to run an OS that is there to run programs.

It uses more resources than it needs to, slowing even a reletively fast PC down.
The fact it slows older PC's down, unlike XP, shows how badly it can perform its task.

A Operating System should be light, so that programs run effective on it, with a machine that meets the specs of that program.
It shouldn't need to hog more RAM than XP, etc.

Its the old saying of "PC's get faster, so this doesn't really matter". But that isn't the point. A PC shouldn't have to be faster to run an OS, which is basically just a UI to access things quicker than you originally could before them.

I thought the whole point of having the UI done with Direct X for example, was to speed things up, not slow things down.

That is why I think Vista, even with its nice sparkly features, is useless.

ok lets start with the basics you cant say vista slows pc's down and xp doesnt,

Xp was released in 2001, in 2001 is say the average pc was probably a celeron or low clock speed P4 with 256 Mb of RAM now you cant tell me that windows xp would run perfect on that.

if you ask me xp does not run flawlessly until you have 1 Gb of RAM and a high end P4 or low end dual core. so id say XP started to run really good on our hardware 3 years or more after it was released,

so vista has another 2 years or so to be running really good on our pc's and my guess would be in 2 years time quads with 3 - 4 Gb RAM will be average pc's and IMO they will run vista perfectly.

and in actual fact the "image" that vista hogs lots of RAM is actually bull* i reckon vista runs really good on my celeron 1.73 laptop with 1Gb RAM, wen i first got it i dual booted with XP and used to use vista like 15 % of the time now i use vista 97 % of the time.

i only load XP when i have to troubleshoot for a friend on XP, vista despite everyones view of it is actually better than XP.
__________________

__________________
He who has never failed has never attempted anything worth succeeding at.

Dont Eat Animals, Its Not Good For Them And They Dont Like It!
ssc456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0